Domino Sluff (NNF) Rules

Neirai the Forgiven

Christian Guilds List Manager
Supplies: You need a set of dominoes that goes up to 6 (including blanks) and a deck of standard playing cards (no Jokers.)

Setup: Each player starts the game with 3 dominoes (concealed so that only the player can know what numbers they are) and a hand of 5 cards (ditto.)

Gameplay: Players take turns playing cards from their hands. When a player plays a card, all dominoes -- including the player's own -- with a total value that matches that of the card are revealed. A player loses when all their dominoes have been revealed.

As is fairly normal for card games, the Jack has a value of 11 and the Queen has a value of 12. The King has a value of 13, but that's pretty much irrelevant.

If your hand is empty at the end of your turn, draw 3 cards.

But wait, there's more!

Wild Cards
Whenever a player plays a King, they draw two more concealed dominoes into the place in front of them. EXCEPT if the Blank Domino is in play. If the Blank Domino is in play, the player reveals the Blank and nobody gains dominoes.

Whenever a player plays an Ace, they get to take another turn.

Suit Rules
To make the game more interesting, the following rules come into play whenever you play a card:

Clubs -- Attack Cards: When you play a card with a club value, you do not reveal any of your dominoes that share a value with the card.

Spades -- Draw Cards: Whenever you play a spade, you draw cards until you have 5 cards in your hand.

Hearts -- Synergy Cards: As a single turn, you can play more than one Heart card together. If you do, the value of your play is equal to the sum of the values of every card you play.

Diamonds -- Sluff Cards: Before you play a Diamond card that matches one of your own dominoes, you can reveal that domino. If you do, you draw another domino into your pile, but no other players reveal their dominoes. This allows you to change the value of your holdings -- or hide that you have two or more of the same domino!

I made this game yesterday in about two hours. Tek7 wanted to see the rules.

If you want to play it, by all means do. I'd love any feedback as well.

Name not final --> I want to call the game "Knock em' Down"

What you need is up to the double 6 in dominoes. You can play the game with more than two players.

Last edited:
I made this game yesterday in about two hours. Tek7 wanted to see the rules.
Yes, I did, and I thank you for posting them!

/me tips hat

Now I just have to dig through some boxes and see if I can find a set of dominoes...

Back