Diablo 3

Echelon

Diablo 3 is having an open beta weekend. Just thought I'd let you know.

/Scurriesawayquicklytoplay

After about 10 years of waiting for this I find it sad I'm more excited about guildwars2 beta weekend... That being said can't wait to play D3!

Nice..but I already have regular beta so I'm good :p

Speaking about GW2 beta, I HAVE TO GO TO GAMESTOP. I preordered on the 3rd, didn't realize the 10th was prepurchase with all teh goodies. SO FREAKING LAME. So I'm going to have to take my receipt and go back and get meh money back from preorder and then turn around and prepurchase ;)

It's a shame it won't load. I'm getting the 'updating setup files' crashes that seem to be affecting a lot of people. None of the fixes seem to be working...

I don't know why everyone's having so many problems getting into the game. It works just fine for me, and I have an awfully spec'd computer. =\

Yeah its not the system nor the internet, it seems to be the patcher/installer for everyone. Make sure that you turn off peer 2 peer in the patcher, that makes up for a TON of the lag. I played for a few hours last night and had no issues, while 3 ppl in the game with me were having horrible lag, very odd.

I can't even get to the patcher. When the initial installation file is launched, it gets the the 'updating setup files' stage and crashes out. meaning I can't even get the whole setup file.

I can't even get to the patcher. When the initial installation file is launched, it gets the the 'updating setup files' stage and crashes out. meaning I can't even get the whole setup file.

I had an issue with that too. I uninstalled the launcher and re-downloaded. Works fine for me now.

I'm not sure I'll even get it. After I made a new b.net account I played it and got mixed emotions. For $60 dollars it only felt like a fancy Torchlight. I want something more in depth, something like NWN. It is fun though.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I'll even get it. After I made a new b.net account I played it and got mixed emotions. For $60 dollars it only felt like a fancy Torchlight. I want something more in depth, something like NWN. It is fun though.

fancy Torchlight? You mean Torchlight is a poor take on their version of Diablo....been out far longer than Torchlight so I don't think I could say it's a fancy anything..just imo

fancy Torchlight? You mean Torchlight is a poor take on their version of Diablo....been out far longer than Torchlight so I don't think I could say it's a fancy anything..just imo

I've never played D1 or D2, but I did play Torchlight and NWN. D3 just seems too shallow for such an awaited game. I literally don't see a difference between Torchlight and D3.

I've never played D1 or D2, but I did play Torchlight and NWN. D3 just seems too shallow for such an awaited game. I literally don't see a difference between Torchlight and D3.

Because there was no difference between TL and D2

D2 - TL (and Fate before it)- D3 - Are all the same game and none of them are anything like NWN. These are pure hack n slash randomly generated maze games. NWN is based strongly on a DnD rule-set with complete character development.

Last edited:
I have to say the ease at which one can get through act one was a little sad... I look forward to trying harder difficulties as they release them in beta, or on May 15th when the game comes out.

D3 also can not be accurately judged off of Act 1 because historically, the story evolves and gets much deeper and more difficult as the game progresses. So we will see what happens!

D3 is really a continuation of the story from 1&2 and takes us back to the location of Diablo so we can see what has happened there since the events of D1.

I am really excited for this... The game is meant to be played over and over again... not just once or twice... but yeah.. I am not saying anything you can not read off of a website... just a widdle excited!

Back