dedicated server computer

Talon

In the Talon household, we now have a dedicated computer set up as a file/cs server. Of course it is GFC private and is used when requested. I am waiting for admin mod and some anti cheat addons to come out for cs source, then i will run a part time public source server for GFC. The server max is 8. I'm working on getting maps downloaded and installed. I lost all 1000 maps when my computer crashed :mad: I will work on redoing those. Admin mod, metamod, and hl guard is installed for 1.6. Admins, i think i remembered your passwords correctly, i lost everything related to cs in the crash. Please IM me you password to remind me or change it.

Comp specs, so no one can complain that lag is the computer's fault :)
2.4ghz P4, 512 PC2700 333mhz ram, 80gb 7200 rpm hard drive, 10/100 LAN to router. On a 1.5/196 internet connection shared by house network. My QOS in router is set up correclty so any network stuff wont affect the server when running much more than 10% extra lag.

Talon

Last edited:
update, server now has a 80gb 7200rpm boot hard drive with steam installed on C drive, with a 200gb 7200rpm hard drive for house hold data storage. I will get the cs server configured, and i have the pre admin mod if you will (mani mod) for cs source, i'll figure that out and run cs source. Depending on the situation here, the source server will run about 5 hrs a day if not more. Public cs source for GFC of course.

another update, we are looking at doing an internet bandwidth upgrade. To 6mbps down, 768kbps up. This would be 4x faster download and upload, so this means a possible GFC server for scrims, i could run a 12 slot server no problem (i mean i run 8 person fine now). We are paying $30 a month for 1.5mbps down, 196kbps upload now, it would be $60 for the new bandwidth. Considering the college stuff i'm going to be doing, i might need that much power for school, but for now its for servers if we decide to do it. :) hopefully
I have cs source configed but i'm having problems with it being recogonized online, i am port forwarding it but something in settings is not going properly. Working on it.

Talon

Back