DC Universe Online

Which server would you prefer to play on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
So I downloaded the FOURTEEN GIG DCUO PS3 client and I'm looking to try it out with other ToJ members. Who's with me?

The PvP is skill based and has rock paper scissors elements so i hear a lvl 14 can survive a gank from a 24 regularly if they are skilled.

Okay, I rolled a fire dude named Degin.

Let's use this thread a character names list, too. For now, anyway.

Aaaaaaah don't make me want to play DC online again T_T it's not that good but the Toj's are on it, it is free and I know how to play it so I can be like the guy that knows stuff T_T. Man the I don't know what class I'd want to play either the healer was gimped and not suited for melee.

Note: Super speed with skill points powering it up and inertial flywheel, it's the saving grace of the game. I never got tired of insane air (odd running to some quests was more fun that doing them). It also gave me that "neurotic squirrel" look while sticking to walls.

Well, this thread is discussing the PS3 version of the game, so no worries.

I was mostly interested to see what a F2P MMO looks like on a console and...it looks exactly what I expected. That's neither good nor bad, just...educational.

With more ToJ members playing the PC version, I'll probably drop the game altogether. If I'm going to play a F2P MMO, I'd probably choose Champions Online over DCUO because I don't particularly care for the look of Unreal Engine 3 games.

Well, this thread is discussing the PS3 version of the game, so no worries.

I was mostly interested to see what a F2P MMO looks like on a console and...it looks exactly what I expected. That's neither good nor bad, just...educational.

With more ToJ members playing the PC version, I'll probably drop the game altogether. If I'm going to play a F2P MMO, I'd probably choose Champions Online over DCUO because I don't particularly care for the look of Unreal Engine 3 games.

Yeah that's right I could only play with Gator and Grey and they said it was currently laggy to the point of unplayability.

Seriously though stick a couple points in super speed and inertial flywheel then try a ramp jump (jumping just before you reach the edge of the top of a tall building). Then you've seen the best the game has to offer and can quit imo.

Last edited:
So, I think I'm the only person that wants to play on a PvE server. (I really didn't like being killed every few minutes but lvl 25+) If you're playing as a Hero, on the pve server, I'm Nascosto.

There is no point for this thread. DC only has one server. PvP and PvE can be swapped by visiting thewatch tower at any time. It is a mega server with phasing.

Last edited:
There is no point for this thread. DC only has one server. PvP and PvE can be swapped by visiting thewatch tower at any time. It is a mega server with phasing.
I had no idea. O_O

Where is this watchtower you mention?

Right in the building you zone into after the tutorial. Next to the mailboxes. You just go to the phase alignment room and switch from Pve to Pvp side on the fly. The watchtower is also where all the end game armor vendors are and other neat things.

DCUO went free to play? I'm intrigued. Will definitely give it another go now, but I tended to like Champions Online more. Still, I'll be seein' what's up once I get homoe in four weeks.

I'm baaaaack. Just got downloaded yesterday. Went ahead and dropped $10 for the War of Light DLC... or whatever it's actually called. I figured Premium access made it worthwhile.

I'm now runnin' around as a Light-ready villain. Yesssss.

I don't know if anyone saw it on the other forum discussing this game, but I started my ps3 one of this yesterday!!! Let me know if anyone plays on there and uses bluetooth to talk. I can't see what people on my tv, not hdmi workable atm, so it will only work via talking. My char's name is the same one as the one for me here ^_^

So people are playing DCUO on the PS3, eh? I might have to boot up my copy and download the updates so I could join up with you all from time to time.

My friend wants me to get back into it, too. I should be playing occasionally by Feb.

I don't think the computer and ps3 servers are the same. I created the same char, from both places....not sure on that though...

Back