David's Mighty Men Forum. Have you heard of it?

the_great_eskimo_pie

Former Official Thread Killer
Greetings and Salutations in the Name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Wow... That sounded very formal, however it grabs my sentiment.

Hello Everyone, Eskimo Pie here with some information for y'all.

In case some of you were not aware, we have a special Men Only forum (Sorry, no girl's allowed in the club house!)

Here are some of the rules and thoughts from myself to you about this forum.

The requirements for joining are that you must be a male of at least 18 years of age interested in discussing issues that we as Christian Men are facing today.

The forum will not be a place where you will get preached it. Instead the goal is to be a safe haven where you can vent, ask questions or, well hang out with other Christian guys. The goal will be to challenge you to grow in the Lord. "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." (Proverbs 27:17)

Access will be granted by administration access. If interested in joining, please contact myself (the_great_eskimo_pie) by PM. Also, you may post to this thread to request an invite. I will try to check it every day for the next few weeks. After that it would be quickest to PM me.

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me or post it to this thread.

Have a great and Blessed day!

Huzzah, Men's Forums!

There are some things in the lives of Christian men that demand discussion, but aren't appropriate for public conversation. For that reason, we started the Men's Forums, to share, support, and encourage each other in the Lord in a private setting.

Like Eskimo said, if you're interested in joining the Men's Forums, send him a PM. I'll work with him and Lloren, CGA's Forums Administrator, to get those Christian men 18 and over who request access set up.

Huzzah, Men's Forums!
There are some things in the lives of Christian men that demand discussion, but aren't appropriate for public conversation. For that reason, we started the Men's Forums, to share, support, and encourage each other in the Lord in a private setting.

Seems to me that if you wanted to discuss truly serious topics, then an internet forum is hardly the appropriate place to do that in that in the first place. Unless you're really desperate, shouldn't a local church/small group/discipleship group be the more appropriate context for this kind of thing?

Seems to me that if you wanted to discuss truly serious topics, then an internet forum is hardly the appropriate place to do that in that in the first place. Unless you're really desperate, shouldn't a local church/small group/discipleship group be the more appropriate context for this kind of thing?

I'll defer to Eskimo mostly, yet I definitely agree and I do engage people and mentors on a regular basis in this regard. I also have been here for 8 years and have some awesome friendships and really seek the opinions of people from a different perspective too.

Those should be your first choice as always, talking to someone face to face is going to be have a lot more impact than a screen name on the forums. However, there are many people who don't have that luxury and the men's forum can provide a haven for them.

There are also those who are rather shy to bring up delicate topics in front of their family/church/small group, whereas the anonymity of the forums will sometimes be the only way for these people to talk to someone about a problem.

Those should be your first choice as always, talking to someone face to face is going to be have a lot more impact than a screen name on the forums. However, there are many people who don't have that luxury and the men's forum can provide a haven for them.

There are also those who are rather shy to bring up delicate topics in front of their family/church/small group, whereas the anonymity of the forums will sometimes be the only way for these people to talk to someone about a problem.

Fair enough. Oh, and I didn't really mean to sound like a downer before, probably came out that way though.

Last edited:
Back