CWP2013: How it's going forward (read this!)

Neirai the Forgiven

Christian Guilds List Manager
Alright, it's plain to me (based on good advice from you all) that we won't really be able to make a good comic story without a plan.

I believe that we will need to do group TeamSpeak sessions. We need to get together on a regular basis to talk about this. I think once every 2 weeks should be enough to keep the juices flowing in the times that we're writing in static forum blocks.

We should try to come up with a time that works for everyone. For me, Saturdays from 7PM Mountain time and Wednesday from 6:30PM Mountain time do not work. I also don't tend to do things past 10PM Mountain Time.

Please post in this thread detailing times you can do.

After starting this up with a faceless, leaderless, poll democracy, I'm seeing issues in the area of leadership, vision, and direction. Therefore, our first order of business will be to appoint a leader. As I am the forum moderator, and this is to be a joint forum-user effort, I'm going to go ahead and say the default will be me unless someone else proves to be batter than me at this kind of thing.

Also, poll democracy doesn't work too well. It's hard to judge a person's interest from their casting a ballot. It's also hard to say when the ballots have stopped being cast, and when it's appropriate to move forward. For example, up to last week the poll on genre was pretty stable at the majority wanting a setting-driven novel. Now we have a superhero story in the lead. I'm already 20 steps down setting driven in my head... now do we back up and go to super-hero? Probably. But this could have been avoided if we had made the decision in a round or square-table setting.

So, in going forward, most of the larger decisions on setting, characters, and plot will likely be made during TeamSpeak sessions, as this will give us more closure and empower us to go forward.

The most important question. If we are doing a comic, are we going left to right, or right to left?

And if we go right to left, when do we get serialized in weekly shonen jump?

If we can make something better than DeathNote, I will be 1) surprised, 2) impressed, and 3) changing careers and moving to Japan.

Therefore, our first order of business will be to appoint a leader. As I am the forum moderator, and this is to be a joint forum-user effort, I'm going to go ahead and say the default will be me unless someone else proves to be batter than me at this kind of thing.
Already made, a power play is.

I keeeeeed. ;)

If we can make something better than DeathNote, I will be 1) surprised, 2) impressed, and 3) changing careers and moving to Japan.
Take me with you? :D

I'm in agreement that Teamspeak meetings are optimal. I've got a two hour lead on you and prefer Teamspeak stuff happen earlier than later since conversing in the living room while family tries to sleep isn't ideal. If we could do 7:00-8:00PM MST, that would be most optimal as a rule for me. I can make other times work, but I thought I'd post up my ideal time. :)

Now, if I could just get my brain back to working like it used to. I feel I've gone braindead in the last month or so. No gusta.

So I drew a manga character in my spare time today. Nothing special. Just a face.

But I had fun, and it didn't look half bad I guess.

I'll pm it to any interested parties.

I kinda wanna go draw more with better pencils and paper.

Not anymore, but yeah, I was.
Also, my Teamspeak has a bug with my headset that if I'm plugged in, I don't actually hear it when people arrive or leave.

Looks like in an absence of information, I'm going to set the time where it's convenient for me and for Kendrik, since he answered. I'm currently setting the meetings for the Third Sunday of the Month at 7:00 PM MST; so that means the 20th of January. Please show up.

Uh, I have an engagement every sunday at 9 EST. I can be on around 10 EST if the meeting is still going on.

Back