cs_assault_upc

Flashon

OK OK i know choppy and i've thrown up some crazy amount of map- complain threads but instead of a complaint i'll just explain problems to you guys on this map so admins can decide.

1. THE GLITCH
Theres a horrible glitch in assault_upc where in hostage room you can boost over which will get u to hte top most roofs, allowing you to shoot through the invisible wall (acts as a wall so if u hav AK or SIG or deagle). you can also navigate through entire map because there are some sort of water system around the map and this glitch basically lets you do it. You can pop out behind ct spawn and start shooting people with a glock, and basically no one has no idea which place it came from. It gets quite bad when those people (who can't shoot) come in and use glitches. ugh. If you guys insist, why not put a diff. version of assault? (one without glitches)

2. CS_map style
Assault, i guess it was built for insanely T-sided purpose. (don't ask me why). It's easy to guard the vents, doors, main entrance, and second vent when there are 10 people in a team (supposing serv. was full). I'm just not a fan of cs_maps, cuz people end up playing camper-strike 24/7 in those maps (worse then de_map ) I think the creator of this map tried to let cts get a better advantage by having a second vent-access, but it's basically suicide, unless half the terrorist some how suicided out of no where and the stair way was totally unguarded.. but that rarely happens.

I don't mind having this map on rotation, but the glitches get old, so just a heads-up.

OH i banned 2 guys for that exact reason the other day plus aimbotting they were causing trouble and cussing up a storm, so they stay banned. One of them decided to get on GFC when i was on, i banned him on the spot after checking steam ids from status screen shots. Now i know that the map has an exploit :)

Last edited:
srry flash :) One other map that has an alike exploit is de_dust, ct spawn on boxes at bomb site, you can boost up there and skywalk across map. Either map is an unfair advantage when using the exploits. I'd rather play just regular assualt but it still is heavy T side.

<SARCASM>

i say we ban everyone who plays on the toj server, that should limit the exploiters to a minimum :p

</SARCASM>

We have always wanted to have at least one cs_ map on our server for variety. Assault seems to be a favorite cs_ map even though it is very T stacked, and the numerous bugs it has. assault_upc is more balanced, and not near as many bugs, so we thought it would be a better choice of map over the origional assault. If we feel the need to take the map off the server we will consider it.

I noticed the same thing as flashon but to add to the assault, does or can anyone here the water sound as i do?

that water sound comes from people "skywalking" or using the glitch, when u go into the glitch there is like this thing u swim in then you pop out and shoot people

IF you guys want a cs map or 2 in rotation keep italy/militia going, they are both fairly even and a lot more fun than assualt maps of any kind..

italy is even...? I'm diagreeing on that. I see most cs_ maps as heavy t-sided map. Most are basically Prodigy reversed.

Back