Corrupt Folder

Dark Virtue

My HD in my old computer went kaput so I had to replace it.

No biggie, but now I want to see if I can pull any info off of it.

I bought a HD/USB cable, hooked it up and can access the whole drive EXCEPT for the My Documents folder...which just so happens to be the folder I want to retrieve my info from. I get a "Folder is Corrupt" error message.

Anyone know how I can repair it or otherwise get my info out of it? My computer is running Vista, but the HD is in XP.

Thanks!

I should mention I am looking for FREE options :)

Stellarinfo was $99 and officerecovery has a very limited demo.

Thanks though!

free options aren't going to work well here..i would reccomend spintrite from grc.com. i have paid for it and it's always been able to recover most if not ll bad sectors alowing me the time to get what i needed off of it.

It sounds like maybe you found out why the hard drive crashed.

A nasty got in your my documents folder.

My HD in my old computer went kaput so I had to replace it.

No biggie, but now I want to see if I can pull any info off of it.

I bought a HD/USB cable, hooked it up and can access the whole drive EXCEPT for the My Documents folder...which just so happens to be the folder I want to retrieve my info from. I get a "Folder is Corrupt" error message.

Anyone know how I can repair it or otherwise get my info out of it? My computer is running Vista, but the HD is in XP.

Thanks!
use knoppix or fedroa live cd..it'll have read access to the folders..run chkdsk on the hdd form isnide windows first to make sure the file system gets repaired.

Back