Considering Guild Wars...

Wash.

I played WoW for a while and stopped because it's too good a game. I was wondering how Guild Wars compares?
Also, I was wondering, is it possible to play the game and enjoy it with JUST Guild Wars or do i have to buy factions and nightfall? Once i get a response, i'll probably buy a code from some on-line store connected to GW and start playing today, looking forward to the adventure.

-Wash Out

all the campaigns are stand alone, meaning you dont have to have one to play the other. personally (as well as a lot of other people) i feel that Propheses (the first one) is the best. if you get JUST gw its OK. you will get everything out of it cept heros. also if/when you decide you want to expand factions you can skip over for the most part, i would just jump straight into Nightfall and get heros and go back if you want.

hope you decide to try it out and see you in-game!

Wash-- thanks for interest in GW.

First off, it's a terrific game, but it won't suck you in like WoW. I play probably 5-8 hours a week (more since Nightfall's release), but as money is incredibly easy to acquire, and the only thing that costs mucho dinero are rare weapon skins, you won't have any trouble just jumping in for 30-45 minutes at a time, doing a mission, and getting out.

Factions and Nightfall are great standalone campaigns, but not necessary. However, if you buy either of those two, you get to choose from all six basic professions plus two campaign specific professions, while the Prophecies (1st) campaign will allow you only six profession choices.

If you decide to get GW. You can get each chapter for about $30. I know you can get Factions and Nightfall form newegg. They didn't have the first on though. This opposed to getting them throught the GW online store at $50 for the last two.

prophecys is my favorite so far so yeah have fun, its not as good as wow in my opinion due to economy being limited but its pretty fun overall

Back