Computer parts?

Atown

Christian Gamers Alliance Amazon Store Manager
Staff member
Hey all,

Soo..... through a series of stuff, I purchased an am3 board on accident instead of am3+, but I dont mind too much cept I'm a cheapskate who needs a pc :(

Does anyone have a am3 proc and ddr3 ram I could purchase from anyone? I've looked through ebay a lot and havent noticed anything that looks...... non-sketch. I can pick up the ram from newegg reasonably but the am3 procs are a bit hard to find at a reasonable price so I thought id give ya'll call :)

I always thought the 900 series was stellar... but I might have my reviews confused.

Also, are you looking for a gaming-grade processor or an MS Word-grade processor?

considering since my gfx card burned out a few months ago and im using an old 8800gt...... sadly yes on the gaming grade or at minimum sc2

edit:

So I did some digging and I could not find it but I think I remember a couple of the 900 series that motherboards were rejecting because of xxxW issues and at least one of the 965 or 985 or something like that was an unstable core overall but sometimes worked okay if you lowered the voltage to it.

Last edited:
I love my 965(black), haven't had any trouble with it in 2 years. It can run 9 EvE clients before it hits the 100% mark. When I'm bored I even can get the overclock to 4.2g :D

You might be able to get a 955 for ~$50...Still a more than adaqute cpu, I didn't check tho

had to settle on this:
amd athlon II 2.7GHz AM3 Dual Core ~$20

When I can afford to have a real machine up and running I will, but for now this is what I can afford.

Anyone have 8gb of pc3 8500? or a NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT for sale so I could sli?

Back