Computer extras

sealcomm

I love add ons to my system..

I have a Nostromo game controller by belkin. The n50. The reason why is because it's comfortable. After a few hours on any fps and you wrist is stuffed.

I also just got the Nostromo mouse. n30 It has a pretty cool side button, and it vibrates. Like a shock controller for a ps2. THat's not the reason i got it though. I wanted 4 button. The side button is mounted really well so you don't push it while using it. UNFORTUNATELY it doesn't have a button under the mouse wheel. so it's still only 3 buttons.... DOH!!! It's heavier than usual but feel very cool Chunky!

I got the cambridge 4 point surround speakers, but i haven't got my new motherboards onboard surround to pinpoint sound with them yet Another DOH

i got an Ipaq PPc that runs my life.

A small peice of junk camera linked up. I'll get a good one, one day

One of those ergonomic keyboards that's all curvy and comfy and split in the middle so i know that the b is for the left hand.... hehe

my headset (headphones and mic is a
rock.gif
plantronics. it's very cool and sounds great at lans (no i don't take my surround sound with me.... noobs.... heheh)

well thats it.

I've seen those colour neon tubes that you can get. Plug into a usb and flash with sounds etc. that's pretty cool.

one last thing i have is 2 HDD with 2 completely differnt set ups. So one is lean, with no junk running for games. and the other is my work settings, which doesn't really mind if 5 things are opening and running at once when i'm using spreadsheets and word processors... my system ios an amd 1600, 512 ram, 64 mb video card, some onboard digital sound mega thing soundblaster pc128 chip, and a 19 inch crt monitor.

So lets get cool stuff and find even MOre...

sealcomm

Is that Nostromo the one that fits over your hand similar to the old Nintendo Powerpad? I remember seeing something by Nostromo that did that and it reminded me of that goofy controler Nintendo put out.

I got the nice Optical Intellamouse with Forward and back buttons so 4 buttson + wheel.

Headphone mic (that i never use)
Normal mic

Lexmark Printer
Scanner

I got a Pad that looks just like an old super nes pad for when i go ummm classic gamming.

- Two (2) Gravis Gamepad Pro controllers. Used for emulation gaming. Woo!
- Lite-On 52x CDR/W drive. Because retail CDs cost way too much to scratch and replace.
- Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0A. Still my favorite mouse ever.
- Logitech QuickCam Pro 4000. I still haven't been able to justify spending $83 for a webcam...but at least I have the comfort of knowing it's the finest on the market.
- Plantronics headset. Perfect for voice communication in Half-Life and other games.
- Microsoft SideWinder 3D Pro joystick. Old School™, for Descent 2 and 3!

And, of course, system specs:

- 1GHz AMD Athlon
- 256MB DDR RAM
- Giga-byte 7VAX motherboard (on-board sound and LAN)
- Creative 52X CDROM drive
- ANTEC SOHO File ServerTower ATX Case Model SX1040BII with 400 Watt Smart Power
- Western Digital 100GB 8MB cache 7200RPM hard drive running Windows 2000 Professional
- Western Digital 20GB 7200RPM hard drive running Mandrake Linux 9.0
- Gainward GeForce3 Ti450 Golden Sample

That should appease everyone's curiosity. *G*

wow cool stuff the only fancy thing i have is a wireless keyboard and mouse which i enjoy much
cool.gif

I have an ancient Logitech Wingman Extreme, for those good old days of TIE fighter and such... even microsoft flight sim!
biggrin.gif
I have an HP scanner... and a STUPID AND VERY CRAPPY lexmark printer. The printers are dirt cheap, but the cartridges are gold-dust expensive. I like HP or Epson printers better ...

I've got speakers running out of my headphone jack. The speakers themselves are nice, but 5.1 would be much better.
I've got a small aiptek digital camera/webacam hookup.
Linksys Instant Wireless PCI card (not really an extra but cool)

I've got two monitors running off my GF4 Ti4200.

Aside from the super leet parts about my computer (like the tnt2) I have a headphonejack running to my component stereo. Which is nice if I want to listen to music really really loud.

My site has my new spec.. the funky things to note are the logitech prepherials.

Im still in the process of modding up my case. Im gonan get hold of some rounded cables soon cos its a bit messy inside.

The only cool gadget i have is a 256mb usb 2.0 flash pen drive.

hrm... I'll just give you my system spex, because all of these things are "toys" to me.

EPoX 8RDA+
(2*256, Dual Channel) Corsair XMS PC2700-LL DDR Ram
AMD AthlonXP 2100+
Lite-On 52x/24x/48x CD-RW Drive
Lite-On 16x/48x DVD Drive (165H)
Thermalright SLK-900U (heatsink)
Vantec Tornado fan (92mm version) (for heatsink)
5 80mm intake fans
1 92mm exhaust fan
Enermax 350w ATX PSU
Western Digital Caviar SE 120gb (ATA/100, EIDE)
Teac 3.5" Floppy Drive
GeForce4 MX 420 (working on a 9700 pro, cmon...)

and now for the "extras"
Vantec Iceberg for northbridge cooling
486 Heatsink (w/ 40mm fan) for southbridge cooling
5.1 speaker setup
headphones that totally pwnz0r j00 (something like $70... yikes)
USB Microphone (because I have no analog mic jack with the 5.1 setup)
Vantec Nexus Fan Controller NXP-201, because my computer sounds like a vacuum cleaner otherwise
Microsoft Intellimouse v3.0 (just like Tek, I love this mouse)

and now for my overclock specs:
Processor @ 2415mhz, 420mhz FSB (11.5*210)
Ram @ 210fsb (Halfway between PC3200-PC3500) @ 2-3-3-6 1T
vDimm : 2.9v
vCore : 1.775v
vDD : 1.6v

lalala... I love being able to whup the 3.06ghz P4...
laugh.gif
(maybe not the 3.0C, but the 3.06B I can.)

wow.gif

Hmm..my specs are
Chieftec Alien Green Midtower Case w/ Matching Cordless Keyboard & Mouse, however I prefer my Logitech Mouseman 3-button mouse.

Abit Be6-ii motherboard w/ 950mhz celeron
384megs ram
40gig Maxtor Hard Drive
10gig Quantum Fireball CX
GeForce2 MX 200 32meg version
Sound Blaster Audigy X-Gamer
Cambridge Soundworks speakers
KDS Visual Sensations 19" CRT
Sony DDU1621 40/16x DVD drive
Phillips 24/12/40 CDRW drive
Toshiba XM-6702B 48x CD Drive(for 1:1 disk-copying)

HP 950C printer
Canon CanoScan FB620P scanner

My coolest things about my computer though is the Neon green light glowing out the clear side panel and the blue neon lights from the cooling lights.

My hardware

Canon LiDE30 USB scanner (no power cord required, it's entirely USB and very compact)
40 GB external USB 2.0 hard drive
Viking 128 MB keychain drive
iPAQ 36xx series w/CF sleeve, 1 32 MB and 1 128 MB CF disk.
Linksys 10/100 8-port switch
Linksys 54G wireless router (4 port hardline)
Creative Labs 5.1 surround set
1 anti-RIAA sticker from ThinkGeek, for affixing to side of any self-respecting PC case (http://www.thinkgeek.com/cubegoodies/stickers/310a)

all I have is a notebook. and a decent set of portable headphones (portable = no amp required, 3.5 mm plug, lightweight, etc.)
and a linksys wpc11 wireless LAN card. Wiring for a network sucks. The problem is that latency for the wireless LAN sucks. 200 ms! sometimes 500 on a bad day. on a good day, maybe 50 ms.

OH: Almost forgot:
1 11-year old HP LaserJet IIIP printer!
This thing has top-knotch engineering. Going for 11 years and it still works fine. It'll be a dark day when this thing breaks down permanently (which I hope won't happen. I'm keeping this thing if I ever move out of my parents' house).

The notebook, however, has everything I need to not justify buying stuff.

Specs:
P4M 1.7 GHz
512 MB RAM
Intel 845MP chipset
40 GB hdd
15" UXGA LCD screen (1600x1200 native)
GF4Go 440 64 mb vidcard
24x16x24 CD burner
10/100 ethernet
1394 port
3 USB ports

Toys?

Gravis Gamepad Pro

and X-Arcade dual arcade control board  
cool.gif

Here;s a review on the Blekin nostromo n50

http://www.tuplay.com/display.asp?i=69&p=1

It's really good except for one thing. When you press 3 buttons at once, it has a habit of activating a 4th.

So imaging your crouching and moving forward and straffing a little to the left, when you push the fire button on your mouse, you find that the 3 button combo has changed weapons on you and your crouching, waving your knife around.

I thought it was just my machine, but we set it up on 3 others. Same problem. One with win98, another with xp. (with the latest drivers)

We got a second one cheap, same issue. So i'm thinking of putting crouch on my new battle wing button on my new belkin n30 mouse. Eliminating the problem.

The n50 allows me to play all day without getting a sore hand. stiff fingers etc

And the new mouse has force feedback. Nice toy, but i turned it off. very big and chunky, i dig it. Industrial. hehe

http://www.tuplay.com/display.asp?i=67&p=1

sealcomm

I just bought a Logitech Cordless MX Duo. It's a cordless mouse and keyboard. I have to say I'm thoroughly impressed with the performance I get out of the mouse. I daresay it is as good as having a direct USB link, crisp and clean. Other than that, I haven't really bought much of anything for my computer.

By the way...You should paint that ugly green lamp and your desk silver Tek. Go for the monochrome look. I've got my computer all black and my desk is cobolt grey.

[Edit] I lied. I forgot about the $80 I dropped for a 120 GB WD hard disk with an 8mb cache. Best storage investment I've ever made.

[Editx2] I lied x2. I've got two monitors running off of my GF4 Ti 4200. I spent about $20 on a DVI - 15 Pin VGA converter and plugged in. I run mIRC on my 15" monitor, and do everything else on my 19". It's a dedicated mIRC monitor.

K lets see..

Intel Pentium 4 2.0A processor 400 fsb
Seagate Barracuda 80Gb Harddrive (very quiet)
54x ATAPI CD-ROM
48-16-48 CD-RW Samsung
512 DDR Ram
Asus P4S533-E MotherBoard
ATI Radeon 9000 Pro 128mb DDR <- Video card
Onboard Sis sound card and SiS Lan Card
Microsoft Ethernet Card (2 ethernet for routing)
4 USB 2.0 port (2 in bak 2 in front)
17in LCD TFT Flat panel. ViewSonic VG700
Creative labs 2 speakers. Available Earphone, mike jack
Labtec microphone
Microsoft Office Keyboard (White) (fav keyboard, huge :p)
Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 (my fav mouse)
and BEHOLD! 6 Fans attached to the case!

I turn on 5 of them to clean some dust out of my comp monthly. the 6th one is on the case's side door (the opening one) so i can't turn that on when its taken out.

Hooray! My other 1.6 GHz Athlon XP system is here! I'm happy to report that it's been successufully hooked up to the TV, and is functioning as my entire entertainment center :). DVD and stereo in one, with a nice set of Creative Labs surround speakers backing it up.

Thinking that its old video card didn't have an S-video out (I'm stupid) I went out and bought an Asylum GeForce FX 5200 card for $100. Don't think I got ripped on it, at least any 3D application will be able to run on that system now :). What does everyone think of that card? I'm going to look up reviews now.

Back