Compiling Wii information..

rizz

I am pondering with the idea of forming a very basic (and i mean BASIC) web page that puts out all the relevant Wii information for CGA/ToJ members. I can host and maintain it (at least initially).

What are your thoughts. Is everyone who posted in forums ok with me putting their codes on this site..

Andy why has noone confirmed my MK codes or friend codes yet?

What are your thoughts.
Sounds good. What features would the site offer over the forum threads?
Is everyone who posted in forums ok with me putting their codes on this site..
I'm fine with that.
Andy why has noone confirmed my MK codes or friend codes yet?
Bwah? I confirmed mine. Your Mii shows up in my Mario Kart Wii Friends Roster.

Yeh i have yours ;)

I am not sure about features, I am toying with the idea of a basic table which will contain the username, Wii code. SSBB code, MK code (and can be updated for any other major release codes.. why they dont link to wii friend codes i dont know). Possibly going to introduce a Mii picture from the Java Mii creator although it doesnt seem to be 100% accurate. I had problems adding 5 o clock shadow to my face shape..lol. Possibly adding star ratings to MK codes (if the icons are available)..

I dunno, just blowing ideas out. Feel free to add some.

Ok, i knocked up a beta. Please have a lookie and if you are happy with it then Tek: send your Mii face.. Everyone else: confirm your Wii information by email and send a Mii face.

I will email all the Wii owners listed after we have a functional beta-2, as you can see my html is weak at best.

http://www.rizz.pure-fun.com/wii

Sooo... any thoughts?

Should i start grabbing peoples information for it? (Wont be quick since everyone has to create a Mii or send me theirs on the Wii so i can recreate it)

Looks snazzy. :D

I haven't been online much these last few days. When I sit down at the keys for an extended period, I'll set aside a few minutes to create a Mii face using the generator.

Sweet. I am emailing all Wii Code people listed on here now..

Note: Mii creations are set at 75 x 75 px. But just send a screengrab and i can photoshop it down.

List of people who have Wii information (i think)

Sirthom (AFK?)
Tolkein
Glitch
DanR12
Bassman449
Elihu (?)
Prince Cor
Zanthox
Whon
ewoksrule
blackgravity
malvegil

of these, i only have sirthom/tolkein/prince cor added to my wii list. And only one person on MK (i cant remember who).. are most of these people AWOL? Speak now or forever hold your peas.

I'll do my best to get my Wii stuff for you this weekend. Haven't taken the time as my Wii doesn't get much action ATM. Too many other games to play. I don't own either SSBB or MK yet either, so it may not even be worthwhile right away anyways.

List of people who have Wii information (i think)

Sirthom (AFK?)
Tolkein
Glitch
DanR12
Bassman449
Elihu (?)
Prince Cor
Zanthox
Whon
ewoksrule
blackgravity
malvegil
Everyone on the quoted list is still active on the forums, so you might try sending them a PM if they haven't added you to their Address Book yet.

I have you and malvegil on my Mario Kart Wii Friends Roster. I added DanR12 and Prince Cor, but they both show as question marks.

Add tjguitarz to the list. Is good to hear they are all still active. I havent had any replies to the emails/pm's yet.

Elihu: yes please send info.. even if just so i can add you to my wii and send my mii :)

I think it may be malvegil on my MK list. I have 2 faces and 3/4 question marks (from the codes listed on these forums).. and tolkeins gave an error so am chasing that down too.

The Wii codes method is just pants though. You have to add someone and then wait until they add you before anything can happen. It should at least send you a message saying someone has added you. And why different codes for the games. Surely if someone is your friend you will want to play games with them... anyway /rant.. Hopefully this webpage can solve that problem.

*for people who dont know how to get their code...
http://www.sharewiis.com/help/faq/

Also shows you how to send Miis to a friend and have your Miis invade their Wii (i have about 200 from Tek/Sirthom/Tolkein roaming on mine)

I think it may be malvegil on my MK list. I have 2 faces and 3/4 question marks (from the codes listed on these forums).. and tolkeins gave an error so am chasing that down too.
Strange. Your Mii shows up on my MK Friends Roster, so I'm not sure why I wouldn't show on yours.

Maybe the MK Friends Codes are flaky? I added Prince Cor's MK Friends Code and he said he added mine, but his Mii still doesn't appear on my MK Friends Roster.

I understand Nintendo wants to protect the young ones from online predators, but at least make the system work in real time. Grr.

No, i have your MK Mii Tek..lol. You are one of the faces.. But yes, the system is full of fail.

This weekend i am going to add all the relevant data to the wii website. It will be full of holes but at least it will be a start and active people can add everyone for all the games they wish. Hopefully time will complete the blanks.

Ok, i actually mocked up the data quite fast. If someone could take 10 mins to confirm all the info is copy/pasted correctly from the two forum threads that would be ace.

Now just need more info...

Ok, i actually mocked up the data quite fast. If someone could take 10 mins to confirm all the info is copy/pasted correctly from the two forum threads that would be ace.

Now just need more info...
Looks great. Simple, straightforward, complete (so far).

Are you using straight HTML or a PHP (or other language) backend?

Basic HTML, table with copy/pasting of information. I thought that should this be integrated into the main ToJ page then some whizz can compile it as a database like with the rest of the ToJ info, would make it easier to add games/info/codes.

But then this is just a beta.. and a way of getting everyone to put their info down.

The time has come for the two of us to talk of other things.. Of shoes and ships and ceiling wax, of cabbages and kings...

But on topic, i am going to add all the Wii codes i have on my Wii that arent on the table, and then proceed to make Mii icons for all those who have sent me a Mii.. If you want a better one... send it :p

EDIT: Fresh link
http://rizz.pure-fun.com/wii

Back