Combos

Enok

Hey, all.

I ran across a thread on Guru in the Ele forums talking about utilizing Combos to maximize the Ele's potential. I created a spreadsheet listing all of the Ele skills that can be part of a combo, so I can organize it by weapon, or combo type to get an idea of how to use and build with them in mind.

It's located at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvcTg_97usDOdGlJNmFUaV9BTGhHVEtwbFBhMFl5amc

I built it off of the GW2 Wiki, not directly from the game, so it's only as current as the Wiki at the moment.

I hope to verify it from the actual game soon, and get a list together that is organized around all of the possible solo combos and how to achieve them.

One pattern that doing this revealed is that Earth has the lion's share of finishers, so to use combos the Ele is going to start off laying down fields in one of the other three attunements, then most often following up in Earth.

If anyone is playing an Ele as support, then this is definitely something to learn. You can throw Geyser twice and Healing Rain once over 45 seconds. If you can hit the same spot with Eruption and Stoning in between, you're going to be adding more healing and regeneration into the mix. You can get a lot more stacks of chill out of following up Frozen Ground with Stoning.

There are some others. I can see this being particularly useful as a back-line Ele in WvW. You can throw down support spells on your melee, then follow up with damage spells that continue to provide boons to them and conditions to the enemy.

I hope to get around to tackling some of the other classes at some point as well.

No problem!

The more I play the more I realize there's a lot of depth in these professions. I can't get my head around some of these things unless I chart it out, and it seems like figuring these things out is necessary to really play our professions to their full potential.

Builds don't require the kind of homework that GW1 does, but figuring out how to play the class might require just as much. :D

I have been tinkering with solo combos with the Ranger and the Axe/Torch builds. Up to level 21 and find them very effective.

combos_bag.jpg

:D

It looks like you got lost on your way to the "Food!" thread, Prophet Elhanan. ;)

The file is now updated with Guardian combo skills. Click the tab at the bottom to move between professions. Right click on a column to alphabetize by the entries in that column so you can look at all combos by a specific weapon, or all of a specific attunement, etc.

I've also added a cheat sheet to the right that shows the combo effects, but only the ones that the profession can manage solo.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvcTg_97usDOdGlJNmFUaV9BTGhHVEtwbFBhMFl5amc#gid=1

Last edited:
Back