Chrome

I played the demo. Kinda fun until a bug occured when loading a game from the helicopter part on top of the roof... -_-

Might get it, just played the demo, seems allright, gameplay looks like it is almost up to what HL2 will be like based off of all the movies of it.

nearly, almost, same difference.  Voice acting and story is not anywhere close to HL2, and it length is not going to be the 36+ hours that HL2 is going to be.  The graphics, physics and all that stuff are good, looks like the Unreal Warfare Engine, but HL2, from the videos and all info released from Valve and other sources, will definitely be more polished on the design side then what Chrome is. Also, the level of detail, facialexpressions, moist, smooth moving eyes, bump-mapped textures, that exists in HL2 is not in Chrome at all. Yes the eyes move in chrome, but very choppily, and the textures, especially the environment ones, are what I would have expected from a game released last year.  Don't get me wrong, I like Chrome, but it does have a few design-side flaws, which, because of how fun the game is, I can overlook.

Also on a side note, whats the release date for Chrome in the US, cuz I dont feel like importing it from Britian.
cool.gif

its not that bloody. i dont mind blood in a game as long as it does not go overboard like Blood Rayne did. its cleaner then half-life by far. violence, its a first-person shooter, but it not as intense as some games due to its realism, usually a shot or 2 will drop an enemy. my only prob with it is the occasional strong swears in the demo.

hl2 might even own all nonlinear ones, cuz its lookin a tad bit better then deus ex 2. those 2 will be close for a game of the year title.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dr. Tek @ Nov. 13 2003,5:10)]possibly, it will be close between the 2 tho.
Yes most likly. I havent read that much on DX2 although from what I read awhile back it sounds like they did some things to hurt it. So only time will tell. I hope my comp will run it when it comes out.

dx2 uses the unreal 2 engine, so if that works on urs, it will run no prob, its sys specs wont be that hogh, since the xbox and pc versions r not any different form each other

Back