Character Transfers on the Way

Aleron

Eh?
Today's SWTOR blog had some interesting info.

Arymono: When will character transfers be available for everybody?

Dallas Dickinson (Senior Producer, Live Services): We will be rolling out our Character Transfer Service in early summer. First we’ll have some targeted free transfers from/to specific servers, but that will be followed with a broader system where you can either take advantage of free promotional transfers to specific servers or paid transfers to the server of your choice. We know everyone has more questions about character transfer, and we’ll reveal more details closer to the launch date.

DrakeAssaShin: What is being done to address low population servers?

Dallas: The Character Transfer Service, as mentioned above, will be offering free transfers from/to specific servers. This should allow the most motivated players to get onto a higher population server.

I caught that yesterday, color me excited. Perhaps the guild leadership should start talking about what server we want to transfer to (or if we are going to at all).

We may be constrained by whatever options Bioware offers. I hope they eliminate a lot of the low population servers. I remember the queues when SWTOR first launched and Bioware's solution was to add many more servers. I thought at the time that this was going to lead to problems of low-pop servers and it was only about a month later when that occurred.

I saw this link posted in my other guild:
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/23/t...-system-update-group-finder-and-adaptive-gear
One of the questions asked if the LFG would be cross-server. It's not, but the answer intrigued me:
"They will not be cross-server as we are coming up on a huge move to servers with massively higher population caps than we have today."
That will be awesome. Some players have stopped playing because their server died and they didn't want to re-roll and plod through another storyline.

They still have to address the issue of new content, but personally I'm enjoying re-doing the Sith Warrior story line with different choices.

Back