ccgr in PC Gamer magazine

holycrusader

Hey i was reading the latest from PC Gamer magazine (september 2004, volume 11 number 9) and on page 94 in the "opinion" section, and the "killing Box" article, they write about different communities or groups of gamers. In the article they mention Homosexual Gamers, Women gamers, Christian Gamers, Handicapped Gamers, Older than 25 Gamers, and Muslim Gamers. They give a link or two for each. In the christian section they say:

"For news and reviews from a Christian worldview, go to Christ-Centered Game Reviews (ccgr.org), or hear Christian developers chat about their new projects at..."

I just thought that was cool. Too bad they had to mention (and make a big deal of) the Gay gamers. They even mentioned a "City of Heroes" "gay day" and included a screenshot. Plus they treat everyone in the article as "outside gamers". But at least they had a link!

Go ccgr, gay, muslum, and older than 25 gamers.
I guess no one knew before that christians, gays, muslums, and old people play games.
But now the world knows.
That article is either going to get them more members, or hate mail.???

YEAH CCGR!

You rock the gaming world!!!

Lets have a party for Cheryl, and if the other groups want to have a part for their success, let them have it. This ones for Cheryl alone.

w00t, w00t.

See, your hard work for the Lord does get noticed Cheryl!!!!

gg and Congrats to CCGR.
biggrin.gif

i wish i was staff :/

Woot woot go atown and all the cggr staff to bad im not a staff of anything at least not YET. yet being the key word

it seems i got my copy a little early- i dont really know how. I was doing some research on doom3 sites and there's a couple of people claiming to have gotten the issue early also. There is a huge doom3 article in it, the "world exclusive- first review". Here's a linky to a scanned cover one guy made just to prove it exists :p
http://www.andresbecerra.com/ShackUpload/Files/PCGSeptCover.jpg
I'll scan the article soon and upload it somewhere and give ya a link.

ew yeah. sorry about that. wasnt broken when i put it up! lol. that link was posted in like every doom3 fansite's fourms, so the guy probably ran outta bandwith or somethin.

gj ccgr, maybe more people will come here now and post on the forums and such... I think it's funny how we get excited over just getting mentioned... funny, and a little sad (distorted quote from FFX):p

Back