Cape Contest - Post your entries NOW!!!

DZwart

Legacy of Elijah Officer
I don't know about you but after a little more than five months, my guild cape is starting to look a little faded and worn. I've spoken with the Guild Emblemer and he's agreed to make new capes for each member of both Spirit of Elijah and Spirit of Elisha. All that's left is to pick a design.

Please take the time to visit the Guild Emblemer and put together a design of your own or a pair of complementary designs (one for [SoE], one for [SOE]). Take a screenshot and post it on this thread.

All submissions must be posted on this thread by 10pm eastern on Tuesday, June 17. The officers will select 3 finalists from the submissions and a poll will be posted no later than June 23 with the 3 finalists. The guild can then vote on which of the final 3 capes we will wear for the next 6 months.

Each finalist will win a prize of 2 Zaishen Keys and the winner will receive an additional 10 keys!

The following is the leagally mandated fine print (blown up to a normal size font)
1) Only designs posted by members of [SoE] or [SOE] will be considered. Please make sure your in-game name is in your signature or posted with your submission. One design per member will be considered. Only the most recent will be considered, earlier submissions will be deleted to avoid confusion.
2) The capes will be recreated to the best of the leader's abilities based on the screenshot(s). If one design is posted, the guild leader may make a minor difference in each cape.
3) Prizes will be awarded as soon as possible, please don't hesitate to whisper me asking for one if you have won!
4) Finalists selection will be made by the officers. Each officer will pick their 3 favorites and the 3 designs with the most votes will be the finalists. The guild leader will cast the deciding vote in the case of a tie.
5) Guild leadership reserves the right to add more rules in case of questions ;).

Tha's an affirmative. So if someone did base a design off mine...I get kudos for an assist? Hahah :)

If any alliance members do post designs for fun, please make sure you post your character name and guild, too, just so it's clear who YOU are. :)

OK, anyone else see 3 beatifull flowers on a crown of thorns? :D

gw001sc8.th.jpg

[img=http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/192/gw001sc8.th.jpg]
Kami/Kael Valaar

Last edited:
Here's my entry. A little something for Scarlet. Strange, the colors are much brighter ingame. I think my gamma is turned up there.

capevx6.png

EDIT: New submission posted - see that entry

Last edited by a moderator:
Cross and Chevron

M'Kay, I'm new to posting here, but here goes:

The thorn sword was as close as I could find to a real cross. Also, it's not so big as to be obnoxious whilst running around. I like the more classic cape shape and the heraldic chevron. I also think blue goes with a lot (but I could be happy with a classy red). What do you guys think?

--Brydon

Keep the proposals coming or I might be forced to make some more changes to our current cape!

OK, capes are now PINK - sorry everyone, but I needed something to get your attention since the faded design didn't seem to get much attention. Once there are 10 entries, I'll change the color back.

Entries: 4

I like all white for the win. Maybe we are all just in unity so much we can flow with any color you throw at us derk.

Ok, in the interests of getting rid of the pink cape, here are my entries. This should count as three the ten, right? I know... one entry...
biggrin.gif

I used red and white for the obvious reasons although the red looks brighter in game. Click on the image for a larger view.

Celtic Cross

Crown of Life

Crown of Thorns
(jdburg should get credit for this though since he was the first to see this image)
I also brightened the gamma a bit.

*edited due to the Guild Emblemer changing the design on me :(

Last edited:
Ok, here is my second attempt. Basically same concept as my first upload except that I've fixed the brightness and the link.

caperc7.png

My entry

I really like the Dove and I have noticed nobody ever has one ingame.

cape11.jpg

I like white the best, too.

cape61.jpg

EDIT: New entry posted, this entry left only for reference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back