Can't log in? (and Server Status thread)

Josh2415

Tribe of Judah Minecraft Server Operator
Here is a website to check, if you can't log in. It shows if any of Mojang's servers are having trouble.
https://help.mojang.com/
If they show green, you should be able to log in, eventually. Mojang's servers are contacted during the initial log-in process. After that, it's just between you and world's server.

Lately it seems that a person or group is flooding Minecraft servers with data/requests (DDoS if you are familiar with that term), making it impossible to connect to them. They took down Mojang's servers the other night. Then they moved on to Minecraft hosts instead (servers where the worlds are stored). So it is deliberate, but isn't going to last forever. It's happened before, and will probably happen again.

I can see some of you trying to connect when I glance at our server log -- you're getting most of the way there! Just keep trying, my friends. Then I'll see you in the game!

Last edited:
I've noticed on my end that it says the server is offline 90% of the time, but it still loads... go figure:confused:

Server status update: (9:30 am Central Time, Wednesday)

The server host is having problems today. I am having a hard time getting the web interface to work. The even when I get it to respond, the interface isn't starting the server, or even seeing it, correctly. My computer's FTP program can't connect, saying my password is bad (even though I used it yesterday and can use the password to login through the web interface FTP). It's just acting very weird.

If it's the host, I'm not sure what I can do, but I'll keep trying things to see if I can get it working.

Update: (10:00 am) It seems that their servers are running very slowly, and the variety of errors are because communication (like a command or query) isn't getting through in time to complete.

Update: (10:30 am) The interface seems to be running a little faster, though I still can't do anything. The good news is that the Minecraft server is reachable again! I'm in the game (after a Timeout error and Authentication Servers are down blah blah error)

Update: (11:00 am) I was in for 21 minutes. Now it's gone again, with new "network unreachable" errors. I submitted a support ticket to our host detailing all the errors today (and pointing out how bad it's been sometimes in the last couple weeks).

Prompt reply: "There was a routing issue in our Seattle location that was affecting some clients, we rebooted our router and changed one of the routes and everything is back online now." Indeed, the web interface is working smoothly again.

Now we're back to rolling the dice to see if we get into the game. "Authentication servers are down blah blah" "Timed out" "Login took too long" Yes! Three different errors on the first three attempts! But the fifth attempt got me into the game.

Good luck!

P.S. Anyone play on other servers? Are they having these login problems too?

Last edited:
Back