Calling all reviewers

What's up, people? I've never posted here before, but some of you may recognize my name, since I've written three (console) reviews for you guys in the past, and I hope to continue helping out. I just think it rocks to have a Christian gaming site! Good stuff!

Anyway, as for my review plans, I'd like to take a look at Soul Calibur 2, Dino Crisis 3, Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO, and possibly Otogi for Xbox. I don't own a Gamecube (I actually hope to get one soon) or a PS2, though, so someone else can review games on those systems.

Well, as you can probably see, I'm more of a console gamer than a PC guy, so I'm a little more limited in my review choices. Still, I'll be happy to continue helping you guys and gals out in any way I can.

God bless!

Oh, btw, if nobody wants Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, I'll review the Xbox version. I finished it a few days ago.

SSquared: I know that I shouldve made a post that I am really Tom....

Keona,

I wasnt too excited about doing Soul Calibur II, so you may do it
biggrin.gif

We actually need XBOX reviewers, so keep them coming!

Thanks, Tom, for speaking that which I have so often emphasized: more Xbox! Keona, great to have you in the forum. This is Drew, just so you know. It might be helpful to have three different reviews of Soul Calibur 2, since there are three different exclusive characters in each version of the game: Todd McFarlane's Spawn, Nintendo's Link, and Tekken's Heiheichi(is that how it's spelled?) Anywho, keep up the good work, all.

Tom: I certainly will keep 'em coming!

Drew: I agree with you about the separate reviews. I'll definitely be picking up SC2, so I'll work on that.

Is anyone doing Xbox KOTOR?

Unless anyone else speaks up, I hope to do KOTOR on the PC, so you should be able to write one up for Xbox.  Without giving anything away, what'd you think of the Xbox version?  All I've heard/read has been fantastic!  I'm really looking forward to the PC version.

Depends on what you're looking for in the game. I'm not really a big RPG fan, so I didn't love it. I liked it to a point, but to be honest, it felt like a chore to play through. Not the prettiest game around, either. In fact, it's kinda ugly for an Xbox game. I mean, Final Fantasy X2 for PS2 looks better graphically. However, if you're a big Star Wars fan, you might like it, since the story is quite interesting.

So, I think that it's a good game, just not the be-all, end-all that a lot of the game sites are making it out to be. My friend, who's more of an RPG lover and a harder-core SW fan than I am, likes it way more than I do. I'm just gonna write out my opinion, though.

Well, I'm guessing you played through it only once, because it has so many hours of game time. Be sure to choose both paths--Dark and Light--to get the whole story, all the side quests, ect. What I wanna play is Gladius. Anyone going to review that?

I did play through it once. I got through most of the sidequests. Like I said, I'm not much of an RPG guy, so if anyone else wants to review it, feel free. It might be better that way.

Well, I don't like the game very much, but I guess I'll try to play through again, if that's what you guys want. It'll take me another few days (maybe a week), then.

One question: Are there deadlines for a review?

As much as I wouldn't want it to get a bad review, do what you feel.  Almost all reviews of Jedi Outcast (from last year) were in the 90's, but there were still a very few number of reviewers who didn't like it.  Even on these boards, there are a few people who really like Morrowind, but I found it to be quite slow and I didn't get very far.  My worry with KotOR is that it TOO will have that sort of slow feeling, just like you mentioned.

Also, don't feel obligated to play through as the other side.  BUT...you should at least mention you can play as light or dark and the game plays differently depending on which side you choose.

Oh, yeah, I will absolutely mention that. Now, I wouldn't say that KOTOR is a disgusting game; it's just not my personal favorite. I'll be sure to mention that as well.

Okay, cool. Anyone play Pirates of the Caribbean? I heard it's not that good as a movie game, but it would have been pretty good as a stand alone RPG. You know it was originally supposed to be Sea Dogs 2.

On the computer game side, could someone review Rise of Nations? It's supposed to be pretty good.

I would like to review KOTOR. The only problem is that I'm not finished with it yet. I'm only about 1/3 of the way through so far, but I'm really liking it. Nevertheless, I don't know how soon I could get a review out.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (daszo24 @ Aug. 12 2003,3:44)]I would like to review KOTOR.  The only problem is that I'm not finished with it yet.  I'm only about 1/3 of the way through so far, but I'm really liking it.  Nevertheless, I don't know how soon I could get a review out.
Go for it!
biggrin.gif

That leaves me open for something like Soul Calibur 2, or Otogi. Or even Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO. I gotta work on that one.

Man, Otogi gives me some bad feelings. For starters, the name is Otogi: Myth of Demons, and the main character is some undead dude who was appointed by a god.

I know what you mean, Drew. I'm a little hesitant to play that one, but I think it's worth a review. People need to know what's good and bad out there.

Back