Call of Duty

So I went to my uncle's and aunt's house this weekend because my dad decided he wanted to watch the Cowboys' game with them... despite my distaste for football...
And my uncle offered me use of his other TV, and I noticed the XBox 360 hooked up to it.
I can't say I'm all that up to date on consoles, but I know that the XBox 360 is the newest XBox and it's supposed to be amazing...
So I browsed his minimal collection of games, casting aside the 4 sports related ones and the regular XBox game that wouldn't play on the console, leaving only one game of interest (even though I don't usually like 1st person shooters or war games); Call of Duty 4.
I began playing and found it tolerable (despite the excessive fog of war and the difficulty I had with aiming/holding the gun steady)
So I progress through the game for a while, and I get to this level that's mostly helicopter stuff (which I found annoying), and the heli stopped to save the pilot of a downed helicopter. I was unfortunately too busy with the enemies once we started to take off, so I didn't hear the warnings of "nuclear threat" that the officers on the radio were saying...

So when the nuke goes off and the shockwave/radiation start chasing my heli, I assume the main character is going to somehow miraculously survive, since there were several occasions in which the main character survived (not to mention the idea that most protagonists survive through the whole story).
Well the heli started going berserko and crashed, then it went to a sort of news broadcast thing where they described that a nuke went off, and it pinpointed my location. I was relieved to think that I was out of range enough to actually get out alive.

It starts me out with a black screen and rumbling controller to the sound of a heavy heartbeat. I think "good he's alive!" Then I find myself crawling through the reckage of the heli with several corpses lying around and a very sullen landscape with fallout still rushing through the air. I manage to exit the heli just in time to die staring at the mushroom cloud, and the screen says "K.I.A."

"Cowboys lost."
We leave just after I got nuked.

Now I want to finish that game x_x

Should I get it for the PC or get a newer CoD game... or ignore it?

Oh and while I'm at it I might as well get a nifty C&C game... :p

I played the first couple of CoD on a PC. I actually enjoyed it. SOunds like yours is a much more modern version. The ones I have are WWII versions - lots of fun killing Nazis.

Reading your post makes me want to reload the game and play sniper a while.

Merry Christmas

well the title is Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Apparently the previous ones were all WWI/WWII, but Modern Warfare and its sequel are modern (obviously).

And yes I actually enjoyed it, despite my usual distaste for:
war games
first person shooters
first person
blackened areas of the screen in first person (representing your eyesight... Metal Gear Solid 3 is an okay example of this annoyance)
endless hordes of enemies that know where you are long before you know where they are

lol

I would say stick with COD4 one. COD5 is a lot more grittier, violent, etc. And plenty of swearing. But then again, it's a short single player, but it really depends if you like multiplayer on the console or PC.

I'll stick with CoD1 and CoD2 - shooting Nazis. I enjoyed the sniper work. I hate the language the later games feel obliged to use.

Remember that I don't like consoles (specifically XBox due to the highly uncomfortable controllers), and I have a nifty PC with an uber size screen just waiting to have its memory wasted.
Also this isn't my XBox, it's my uncle's... I finished using consoles after the Nintendo GameCube (although I do have a current generation handheld... the Nintendo DS Lite... which I essentially purchased only so I could play the Zelda game for it and thus have no other games xD)

Ok COD 4 was game of the year for shooters last year! The game is flatout one of the best shooters ever. For sure the best ever on a Console. It is also very good on the PC. The story was good and the online play is where COD4 is amazing. Right now I am playing COD5 aka World at War which is back to WWII. I have played every single COD game and these last 2 are by far the best in the series. However as mentioned before there is more Language but the gameplay is amazing. Very Polished games. COD6 is rumored to be set in the future ala Halo but if they do as good as the other I will give it a try as well even if I am not into the whole futureistic shooters lol.

CoD4 is a lot of fun on the PC. We were stuck with a defective disk but the manufacturer sent us a new one.

Well I was tempted into buying CoD:WaW (CoD5), so even though it's quite laggy even in the lowest resolution of solo combat... it's FUN. <insert surprise here> Now I want to buy CoD4 too! lol

Wow... I beat CoD5 already?!
That was short.

Well I say I beat it, but after the credits, when I awaken in a room with groaning sounds outside, "HELP" written on the door with an unfinished P, and only a pistol and 2 grenades with me... Well I was not happy to find a zombie walking around outside...
I don't do zombie games.
That last level will not be finished for a very long time, if ever.

I had enough trouble going into dungeons in Oblivion with high sneaking skills and a super powerful arsenal of bows/arrows, spells, and other weapons, and those zombies are hardly even realistic enough to be classified as zombies! Like I'm going to run around being chased by Satanic half dead nazis with a pistol!

:p

HA HA it is not a lvl it is Just Amazing Love the Nazi Zombies YAY!!!! Most I have seen is 15 rounds survived lol.

well alone i managed 8 but as a team (with 4 people and the server admin using infinite ammo cheats for us all), i've gone through 14...

Also I'd like to know why my computer is so slow on this game, even in the lowest resolution with all graphics settings to their lowest and no antialiasing... while Oblivion can run on regular settings with rare lag at all.
Seriously, I thought low settings would actually help me.

Back