BWE plans

Stc95

Tribe of Judah Guild Wars Chapter Leader
Anyone know what they plan on doing this weekend in Tyria? I had thought that every BWE I would create one character and get a feel for him all weekend. Last BWE I rolled a Human Guardian, I'm thinking this weekend I'll try a Charr Ranger.

But with new areas opened up, is anyone a high enough level to jump into the catacombs? Anyone going to try something new?

I am giving up my Guardian and playing more with the Ranger but want to try an ele if I have enough time.

Kel

Didn't take too long to update here. Maybe 20-30 mins.

I mostly tried the mage in the 1 day stress test last time (I missed the first BWE). Not sure what to roll this time. Might try a Necro, they seemed interesting from seeing others play them.

Didn't take too long to update here. Maybe 20-30 mins.

I mostly tried the mage in the 1 day stress test last time (I missed the first BWE). Not sure what to roll this time. Might try a Necro, they seemed interesting from seeing others play them.

Wow! nice! I updated mine yesterday and took a solid 3-4 hours.

Dude so my wife let me take our 32 inch lcd and mount it to the wall as a monitor for the computer!!!!!! hello 32 inches of charr crushing skulls!

Probably going to go between playing my elementalist, mesmer, and thief. Haven't gotten a great feel for the thief yet so probably that one mostly. I do want to get at least one of them to a higher level so I can play in other areas, but we'll see how much game time I get this weekend (old friend driving through town, birthday party, mini-golf, and the usual busy Sunday). Gotta fit gym time in there somehow, too....maybe......

Might try ele (watch for the name), and leveling the others some more.

'Bout to leave out of town, but got some time last night.

So far, I've ruled out "nobility" on my humans. Wasn't really drawn to that story arc, even though I was skipping past most of the dialogue. Charr seems like it will be quite fun. Haven't made a norn yet.

Necro is a keeper for me, and I'm working through a ranger. I'll have a better idea of playstyle once I get some weapons other than axe.

May get a bit of time late Sunday night, but it depends on how travel goes.

Thanks, Reginator - for those of us who can't get on it is good to hear pros and cons people are finding.

Played yesterday, and there were plenty of changes. They changed the skill points use, in that you have to buy 5 skills from the first tier then 5 from the 2nd tier, then you can unlock the last tier of slotable skills.

Also noted 1 skill challenge NPC that was not working, (bug reported) and 1 item that had poor grammar in the description (reported)

The Mini map has changed it is no longer a compass, its now a window that is sizable (sill no red dots that I saw).

The UI had some changes, the dodge bar is now over the health ball. And the area where the dodge bar was before now has conditions and boons shown there.

Some other things I saw in game were the fact that the game speed is up a bunch I was able to turn the graphics way up with still no noticeable lag.

The game played really well except when I was crafting and hanging out at the bank in DR when I noticed a small bit of lag.

They added a tutorial hints that pop up on screen. These are very good if you don't already know what the hint said, and you can turn it off too.

Overall its noticeable they did change some things, based on feedback, and this continues to be even in beta a solid game, I am still very impressed with it.

Several story line quests were changed in how they played out also. Some (a lot?)of disconnect issues early in the weekend. Seemed to be cleared up by Saturday. Individual storage and bank changed some for the better. Or else finding a lot of new utility in it that I hadn't noticed last time. By Saturday the skill challenge that was broken I think was fixed. Was that the one in the Carnival in Beetletun? I still think they have a better Beta than some games have had a release. We have been exploring slightly different story lines in some characters, and they all seem pretty well done. Still hard to get away from the roundness in the faces on creation though. But that is a small nit to pick.

Back