Bots - Why I Stopped Reporting

Taran

In GW1, bots were an issue, grabbing loot and crushing the economy. In GW2, they have been beneficial. Don't get me wrong... I don't like powerleveling or stealing loot or crushing the game economy. Those are all bad features of bots that mess up the game.

But I have found one very good feature. At this point, I have three characters that I have leveled up to 80. And for most of my game play, it has been done alone (solo). When you get down to Orr, you have very rapidly spawning mobs, mobs that pull you in all directions, mobs that run fast (and can run you down even with speed buffs), and can even pounce on you in groups. I hate Orr. I really hate Orr. And fighting zombie dead-things is not my idea of "fun". (fighting dragons sounded fun, but we only get a few giant ones to fight every once in a while - most of the "high end" enemies are stupid zombies).

Needless to say, playing solo in Orr is very difficult. But I have found that if I can discover a good "bot train", I can follow along, get kills, xp, and loot. I can go places without having to be slaughtered every three steps. And if I get in trouble, the bots will help (just don't get too far away from them). So when I'm playing and alone (as usual), bots really help.

If Anet hadn't made Orr so bad, I'd still be reporting bots. But as long as Orr is as difficult and disgusting as it is now, then no, I'm going to keep quiet and ride the "bot train". Its the only way I can get things done in Orr right now (without a huge repair bill).

haha that is so true. Other day I was solo in Orr and saw this big group taking on a champion giant. I joined in. Man they kept dying so fast! I spent my whole time rezzing. Then I was like..wait ppl cant all be this bad. Finally it kicked in that they were all bots.

Unfortunately when I died, no one would res me and the one non-bot claimed that I must be the leader of the bots and refused to help.

Unfortunately when I died, no one would res me and the one non-bot claimed that I must be the leader of the bots and refused to help.
Guessing on the mechanics of these things but if you were supposed to be leader of the bots why couldn't just get the bots to rez you >.< .

There is something wonderfully surreal about the bot trains. Whenever I see them I have a moment of "Wait a second, somethings odd" before I realize what they are. The way they move is bizarre.

I like to make a mini-game out of getting all three to six in a pack reported. It's kinda challenging with the way they clump up and move about quickly. ;)

i report them as i see them..
but the most annoying to me are the gold sellers that mail you within a millisecond of logging in

Six is that all? I saw a bot family of at least 8 one night in Lornar's Pass. Couldn't get a kill in where they were.

In Lornar's Pass, I'd report 'em. In Orr, I'd follow 'em. Lornar's Pass can be soloed (though difficult in some places, but it can be done). In Orr, soloing is near impossible. So I'm thankful for the extra firepower (safety in numbers).

Back