Black Ops server: Which mode?

Keero

Tribe of Judah Membership Administrator
With the game's release coming Tuesday, I was considering ponying up some cash for a TOJ server (at least for two months, may be moving then), was wondering what kind of modes you guys would want to play. I wanted to host a Wager Match server (Gun Game, One in the Chamber), but that's handled by Treyarch and only fits about 6 people or so. It will be ranked because 6 extra slots for unranked costs a lot more. T_T

Your options from what I can tell from some sites would be along the lines of:

Free-for-All
Team Deathmatch
Search and Destroy
Domination
Sabotage
Capture the Flag
Headquarters
ZOMBIEZZZZZZ

I'm more inclined to TDM or Zombies, feel free to discuss what you guys prefer. :D

/not a QQ thread about dedicated servers <3

Team Deathmatch
Search and Destroy
Domination
Sabotage
Capture the Flag
Headquarters
ZOMBIEZZZZZZ

Those are what I like :). Unless we wanna rank to the highest level very quickly, FFA shouldn't be necessary.

Keero: Let me know if and when you decide to put up the money for a dedicated server and I can add the server to our GameServers.com account. (All official ToJ server account expenses are managed directly by our Accounts Manager and funded by regular donations from members. This setup guarantees continued service in situations where members can not continue donating and also reduces administrative overhead.)

It would probably be Wednesday or Friday at the latest, but can do.

It would probably be Wednesday or Friday at the latest, but can do.
Roger that.

And you'd have full access to the server, of course. Just the financial aspect would be handled by our Accounts Manager.

All modes except Free-For-All and Zombies.

EDIT: Don't forget about Demolition game mode.

Last edited:
Think something like a 2 or so TDM matches and then it rotates to 2 other modes for one round. So...

TDM -> TDM -> CTF -> Domination -> TDM -> TDM...

Now, because I'm partly bias, is a Seattle ping fine for you guys? I can live with it if it's Central America, but not East.

Hello!

I recently picked up the game and would like to play with some people from the ToJ community.

When it comes to servers, I like all the game modes. That being said, my least favorite is TDM. It is too unfocused and all over the place.

I'll pick up the server either tonight or tomorrow (after my super long First Aid class), Seattle based if that's cool with everyone. As for modes, Domination -> Domination -> CTF/S&D maybe be the four modes we play, can always change that later.

I'll pick up the server either tonight or tomorrow (after my super long First Aid class), Seattle based if that's cool with everyone. As for modes, Domination -> Domination -> CTF/S&D maybe be the four modes we play, can always change that later.
I'll be on Steam throughout the day today. Just message me when you're ready to discuss server stuff.

Back