Biblical Stories into movies

Glitch

I have always thought about this.

What Biblical story would you think be the best movie.

My personal favorite would be the life of David.

I could see three movie series.

1st - David defeating Goliath, gaining favor in war, befriending Johnathon, Saul's jelousy, and eventually having to flee to the philistines (now it is really late and i may not be thinking clearly on the order of the story)

2nd - Saul pursues David, David and his mighty men, Saul's Death, David becomes King

3rd - David's Conquest, David recaptures the Ark, The census of David's men, Bathsheba, and redemption.

please tell me your ideas.
(please correct me if i am way off the loop... again, i'm really tired, and i may not be correct in my time line).

I thought there were a heap of Biblical films made recently with some quite well known actors in.. I may have dreamt that..

Not sure as to what story i would like to see in a film.. Any OT stuff would make for good film although might have to be toned down a bit..lol

The story of David v. Absalom could be the fourth in the series.
I thought there were a heap of Biblical films made recently with some quite well known actors in.. I may have dreamt that..

Not sure as to what story i would like to see in a film.. Any OT stuff would make for good film although might have to be toned down a bit..lol
If I remember my theater history correctly, before Shakespeare and King Lear, it was common for all acts of violence to take place off-stage. A story wouldn't need to be censored, but certain scenes (such as the death of Saul) might need to be silhouetted or referred to as offscreen events.

I actually saw a great movie about the story of David. It was done by... TNT? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118933/

Was pretty long too.

I would love to see a movie about Samson, or one about... heck, all of Israel's battles. What other movie has God helping out one side? :p

It'd be pretty neat to see a film where some prophet was in a city and some other dude was like "whoa dude, look at that army of bad guys." Then the prophet opened up the eyes of the one dude and he could see that all around the city were a bunch of angelic creatures ready to tear the bad guys apart.

I have always thought about this.

What Biblical story would you think be the best movie.

My personal favorite would be the life of David.

I could see three movie series.

1st - David defeating Goliath, gaining favor in war, befriending Johnathon, Saul's jelousy, and eventually having to flee to the philistines (now it is really late and i may not be thinking clearly on the order of the story)

2nd - Saul pursues David, David and his mighty men, Saul's Death, David becomes King

3rd - David's Conquest, David recaptures the Ark, The census of David's men, Bathsheba, and redemption.

please tell me your ideas.
(please correct me if i am way off the loop... again, i'm really tired, and i may not be correct in my time line).

That sort of sounds like the LOTR trilogy to me for some reason.

Anyway, uh, I'd probably like to see Creation and Man's first days, figuring out the universe. That's probably the nilla wafers talking, though.

Anyway, uh, I'd probably like to see Creation and Man's first days, figuring out the universe.
That could make a great tongue-in-cheek comedy.

There could be a scene where Adam's walking through the new Creation, naming animals, when he comes across the platypus.

Hilarity ensues.

That could make a great tongue-in-cheek comedy.

There could be a scene where Adam's walking through the new Creation, naming animals, when he comes across the platypus.

Hilarity ensues.

Sort of reminds me of a joke by some comedian I don't remember the name of.

"He was real creative at first, I mean, it was like:

'...Hippopotamus! ...Rhinoceros!'

...and a couple of days later, he's wandering around exhausted, and he's like,

'you're a... COW'"

Um, yeah. Not exceptionally funny, but whatever.

The Matrix comes to mind...

But I cannot think of any movies to be made of Biblical stories.

I think the battles israel fought to overtake the land god had promised them would not only make a good movie but a good game as well.

i have to agree with glitch though. David's life would make a great movie, he was my fave man of the bible.

I think the rise of David would make an awsome movie. However with the mediocracy coming out of Hollywood lately I am sorta horrified at the thought of them trying to tackle and failing badly.

I think the rise of David would make an awsome movie. However with the mediocracy coming out of Hollywood lately I am sorta horrified at the thought of them trying to tackle and failing badly.

Haha... I am new here and was just looking for the 'Like' button for this quote!

This thread goes back to 2008? Wow talk about an oldie and a goodie. On topic make a movie of the period of Judges. Some great material.

I say if they're going to be done, do them exactly to the letter. They'd be rated R, of course, but I'd rather them be done right than have them be toned down for an acceptable rating.

What I'd like to see is a non-dumbed down version of Bible stories.

What I mean is this: in Sunday school we were taught about Samson. The moral, we were told, was that if you trust God, he will give you strength.

In reality, the story of Samson has the following meaning: Samson was given a great spiritual power by God. Samson abused it for his own pleasure. Although his life was most likely shortened by this misuse, at the end of it all, God forgave him. The writer of Hebrews adds Samson's name to the list of Heroes of Faith, despite his failures. This is the kind of God we serve.

Back