BF3 EEEPPPIIICCC FFFAAAIIILLL!!!

XionTawa

Does not support XP... (only DX10-11)

(*&%(_*^&%$%$#^%&(^%(*&^&*^^)(*&_(*^*^%$&^(&^%

EA can go die!

Considering that XP support has stopped for sometime now, this does not surprise me.....sorry bro

XP support ends 2014...

And I would love to upgrade my wife to 7...but it took me 2 months to almost save up enough to buy 2 copies of BF3...I cannot afford a $100 OS... Having 3 kids and making $15k/yr does not make me a rich man that can afford a new OS every year... :(

EDIT: This is just sad...once again being poor kills something I was waiting for... (-_-)

Last edited:
Should buy tech net subscription next time around. Then you can have every computer with every latest version of everything MS for $199

Then you can have every computer with every latest version of everything MS for $199

I only have 2...doesn't seem very good for me... I got my 7 ultimate from a friend for $40...that is the only reason I am not still on XP... :-/

This is a very sad day indeed... :(

you can have ultimate 7, ultimate office 2010, all servers software, win 8 asap, and bunch of other stuffs.

But anyways, it does stink to be left behind the curve but games are what push the development forward, they need to be cutting ties with xp.

Last edited:
Windows 8 requirements:

1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
Taking advantage of touch input requires a screen that supports multi-touch

XP support ends 2014...

And I would love to upgrade my wife to 7...but it took me 2 months to almost save up enough to buy 2 copies of BF3...I cannot afford a $100 OS... Having 3 kids and making $15k/yr does not make me a rich man that can afford a new OS every year... :(

EDIT: This is just sad...once again being poor kills something I was waiting for... (-_-)

I agree it would be nice to be rich then I could support everyone in Toj with Windows 7 :p Have you considered going with Vista on her Machine? at least you could play the game with DX 10 and it would not surprise me if you could get a free copy from someone in toj or a low cost on Ebay (many frown on software from Ebay but the Legal software comes with a return guarantee) and you may even be able to get a upgrade from XP to Vista, just a thought :)

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...+vista+home+premium&_sacat=See-All-Categories

>_< ...this: https://www.facebook.com/sbowdell/posts/10150353996613679

So...messing around with BF3 on both 360 and PC...probably a total of 8-10 hours getting Nikki's computer running it without errors, what a pain... Overall...I think 360 would probably be the way to go, just to get past the headaches... >_> Not only that but on both her and mine computer, the game has been crashing every other game, if not every game... I do not have time for this crap... :(

Just saying... :(

When I played the Battlefield 3 open beta on the PS3 (I didn't want to install Origin on my PC), I fell into the world less than 5 minutes after joining a match.

The beta is, well, a beta, not a demo. I know publishers position betas as demos, to attract interest and drive sales, but I have to believe that irritates developers.

"Betas as demos" is an issue across all genres, especially in MMOs. I'm not immune to its effects. I got a free copy of Star Trek Online and a 14-day pass when I bought my Logitech F710 controller, but I've yet to even download the game because my experience in the STO beta was meh. Not good, not bad, just meh.

Put in a more positive light: The crash issues you're experiencing will (I hope) be fixed at release or perhaps even later in the beta. So hang in there! If a beta version of a game you're interested in doesn't work, then I recommend setting it aside and playing a different game, reading a book, or spending your free time doing something else you enjoy until the issues are fixed.

(I was thinking of Natural Selection 2 the whole time I wrote this post. It's one of my most anticipated games and it's in beta. I have the beta client installed, but I don't play it since the game is, well, not in a playable state yet.)

EDIT: And it did make me chuckle when I fell through the world in the BF3 PS3 beta. One other player fell in the same "hole" and I could tell he was probably thinking, "What in the world?"

Back