Best parental control options on Android devices?

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Parents of children with Android devices (tablets or smartphones): What parental controls do you have installed on your child's device and why?

@Ember and I are trying to determine which parent controls product or service is the best (in terms of ease of use, feature sets, price, etc.) for the new Android device we bought for our older daughter.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

I'm not the best resource for advice in this regard, as I deal with too many fringe cases and worst case scenarios in what can go wrong to have a properly balanced perspective to offer here...

(I am reminded of a joke I once saw about the polar extremes of tech security that seems an apt illustration, where while tech enthusiasts can get all excited about everything evolving to be all smart and interconnected for better convenience without understanding all the potential downsides and dangers that need to be guarded against, people who work in areas of tech security - and ironically, the most capable of identifying and dealing with any challenges that come up - often end up with a more regressive attitude towards technology instead, like - as the joke puts it, but sorry i'm not actually remembering the phrasing well enough to convey in a more entertaining matter - having nothing more advanced in their house than a dot matrix printer, with a gun kept on the table beside it, to be able to shoot it if it makes a noise they don't recognize.)

..but I would recommend the Children/Young Adult departments of your local library to have the best balanced experience and viewpoints to offer, from their position of wanting to proactively connect people to valuable resources while also being a direct recipient of input from parents, schools, and social service agencies when stuff goes wrong or localized threats come up.

Back