Assault on Balaurea?

janc

What does everyone think of this patch? I haven't seen much reaction to it, and I'm curious what players think.

Now that things appear to be settling down for me, I'm bouncing around the idea of reactivating at least to check it out.

I like it so far. You can see instances on the maps and NPCs that have quests for you. The pets are cool, although the lower level ones are useless. I like that new items in your inventory are animated, similar to new skills. There are some new instances, like a solo instance at the observatory in Vert.

I love it! If Aion launched like this, it would have kept a lot more of the pop then it did.

1.) PvE
A - Levling is faster, increase in xp gains
B - easeir to find quests, and more of them. They now shown on the map
C - Gear is a lot easier to obtain. You still have to work for it. Especially the gold stuff. But it's possible to get now.
D - Money, they upped the quest rewards a LOT. I've seen some that used to be 5k, now give 80k kinah. You can buy stuff!

2.) PvP
Not to much change. The biggest an most notable though is the rift nerf. When in your home land you get a PvP buff against rifters. 80% in Eltnen and 40% in Heiron. In short you have a chance to fight back or run away from twinks now.

A lot of other changes too. Pets, and stuff. But those are the biggest. I love it!

Last edited:
If Aion launched like this, it would have kept a lot more of the pop then it did.

I think the QQ people would still find something to complain about...lol.

One thing that concerns me about rifting is for those of us that don't have twinked characters, will we be at a disadvantage if we're trying to accomplish quests in Morheim?

they seem to upped the drop rate in ft we 2 man it and got 2 gold and 4 green armor drops plus the drops are tradeble for a short time also if you do the nightmare quest line the necklace at the end can turn blue judges into gold

One of my main problem with the game originally was the number of quests that required a team - got frustrating for someone who plays solo most of the time.

Hopefully they've added more quests that can be completed solo as well.

Most of the quests I've done have been solo.

When I needed to complete the final campaign quest in Vert, which is a "group" quest, I had someone join me in a group, even though they were somewhere else, and I went in and solo'd that mission.

Ya they would find more to qq about. Always do, but the biggest problems lvl and gank are almost cured now. Wouldn't keep everyone but more then we did.

Grouping:
There are a lot of quests now. So you should be fine. On flip side if you do want to find a group it's a lot easier. And the guild is pretty rounded as far as pre 40 goes. We usually have someone around your lvl to help if needed.

Yeah, I been over on Vaizel on my lvl 17 Asmo Glad lately. Just had some momentum going lol.

Would like to finish up the last couple parts of the last Campaign quest in Verteron on Siel. Lvl 22 and want to go in that portal thing. (I feel so lost sometimes with what's what)

I would like a pet, but cannot this month.

If I pick up Aion, would I still need to get the expansion, or is it a free upgrade?

The expansion is free for current players . I think you just need to reactivate your account. If you're new to the game, either buy Assault on Baularea or go on eBay and get the original game cheaper. Once you install, it'll download the expansion.

Ok, I reactivated today. I'll probably be bugging someone for legion invites when I log in next. Most of my alts are in the Electus guild still, but I'd like to get my main characters back in the main guild.

Back