AQ Contest Help our War Effort

Goblit

The AQ Contest is open to all Redeemed guild members only (but others may help you).

What you have to do:

Collect the articles needed for the war effort and send complete stacks to Redcontest. Articles currently needed are:

Linen bandages
Silk bandages
Stranglekelp
Purple lotus
Arthas tears
Roast Raptor
Copper Bars
Iron bars
Light leather
Medium leather
Thick leather

Only one character per account may enter. Send all stacks from one character only please.

Prepare the item as needed by the war effort ie. fold bandages, cook meat, smelt minerals before sending.

Any characters needing rep tokens from the hand ins please contact Goblit in game or by PM.

And what do you win you might be thinking?

There will be 4 wonderful prizes:

level 0-20 characters 5g

level 21-40 characters 10g

level 41-59 characters 20g

level 60 characters 25g

Also the winner from each level will win a trip through a level apporpriate instance of their choice as "Master Looter". Along with 2 friends, two level 60's will accompany you through the instance of your chosing and you get to keep all the loot....or share with your friends if you wish.

Contest closes Friday February 10,2006 at 5 server or sooner if Stonemaul has reached its goal for the war effort. Winners will be announced at the bible study on the 10th of February. Look in the forums for updates on who is leading in the contest.

Last edited:
Excellent idea! As The World's Slowest Person To Level(TM), I have no real chance of winning, but this has inspired me to take up first aid and make use of all those Linen Cloths I keep finding.

Could someone provide a quick explanation on how to create all the items listed in the previous post?

EDIT: Click here for Stonemaul's current War Effort Standings.

Last edited:
You probably can't compete with the 60s, but you can compete with those in the 1-20 level rage.

Linen bandages - Lowest level of first aid
Silk bandages - Mid level of first aid
Stranglekelp - Low - Mid herbalism, plentiful off the coast of STV, wetlands and southshore
Purple lotus - Mid - High level herbalism
Arthas tears - Mid - High level herbalism
Roast Raptor - Mid level cooking
Copper Bars - Lowest level mining
Iron bars - Mid level mining
Light leather - Low level skinning
Medium leather - Low - Mid level skinning
Thick leather - Mid - High level skinning

Last edited:
Goblit, is thick leather a typo? It is at 94% complete on the ranking page yet Medium leather is only at 53%.

Both are still being collected, medium leather and thick leather...I just missed the medium leather...please be aware that the list will change as the weeks go on though and items are handed in.

Gods_Peon said:
You probably can't compete with the 60s, but you can compete with those in the 1-20 level rage.
Hm, even then, I play less often than most people and I have yet to pick up a tradeskill. Still, I'd like to contribute to the overall war effort.
Gods_Peon said:
Linen bandages - Lowest level of first aid
Roger that.
Gods_Peon said:
Stranglekelp - Low - Mid herbalism, plentiful off the coast of STV, wetlands and southshore
What (or where, rather) is STV?
Gods_Peon said:
Copper Bars - Lowest level mining
I might be able to help with that, too.
Gods_Peon said:
Light leather - Low level skinning
Would I need to pick up both skinning and leatherworking to produce Light Leather?

Here's a helpful list for levels 1-20 wanting to participate:
Looks like Light Leather and Linen Bandages are most needed. If I'm able to pick up First Aid and Skinning, I'll try to set aside some time to contribute.

Its not just about contributing to the war effort, I'm pretty sure Goblit wanted to do this to get the guild to work towards a goal together. STV is just one of those acronyms you have to get to learn and use. STV is Stranglethorn Vale, its south of Duskwood. To gather any type of leather, you just need skinning and a skinning knife. Picking up skinning and mining are the best bets for our lowest level toons to participate in the contest as copper and linen is plentiful in all the low starting areas.

First aid is considered a seconday trade, so is fishing and cooking. You can have all three of secondary trade skills where as you are only allowed to have two primary trade skills (The primary skill trades being: alchamy, herbalism, skinning, leatherworking, tailoring, enchanting, mining, smithing, engineering)

Gods_Peon said:
Its not just about contributing to the war effort, I'm pretty sure Goblit wanted to do this to get the guild to work towards a goal together.
Aye, I'll definitely contribute whatever I make to Redcontest; I didn't mean that I'd strike out on my own.

Gods_Peon said:
STV is Stranglethorn Vale, its south of Duskwood.
No me gusta Duskwood, but I'll fly out and see if I can run to the Vale without getting axed by a giant spider.

Gods_Peon said:
To gather any type of leather, you just need skinning and a skinning knife. Picking up skinning and mining are the best bets for our lowest level toons to participate in the contest as copper and linen is plentiful in all the low starting areas.
I wasn't able to find Skinning and Mining trainers listed on Allakhazam, but I'll look again before the next time I log on.

Tek7 said:
I wasn't able to find Skinning and Mining trainers listed on Allakhazam, but I'll look again before the next time I log on.

I know Ironforge and Stormwind have both skinning and mining trainers, just ask a guard for where they are (they'll mark it on the map for you to go to).

Put me down for copper bars...

...as it's the only plentyful mineral I can make it to at level 14.

Dig, dig, dig and more digging!!!!

Doc :cool:

w00t! Turned in 20 Light Leather tonight, got another 9 in my backpack. Also have 6 Linen Bandages.

EDIT: I just realized today will probably be my last day to play WoW until next Wednesday as I'll be going out of town this weekend. D'oh!

Last edited:
As of tonight, I've turned in 50 Light Leather total.

Would there be any chance of getting an update on the current standings? :D

I'll post the current standings every morning from now on :)

As of this morning:

Hezron 1

Avesther 1

Zedidiah 3

One point for each stack submitted.

Current standings for Thursday:

level 0-20

Gygax 18
Ulfbrict 5
Zedidiah 3

level 21-40

Planky 11

level 41-59

Hezron 1

Level 60

Avesther 1

Current standings for Friday:

level 0-20

Gygax 18
Ulfbrict 5
Zedidiah 3

level 21-40
Planky 11

level 41-59

Hezron 1

Level 60
Reiver 8
Ravanclaw 2
Avesther 1

Current standings for Saturday:

level 0-20

Gygax 24
Ulfbrict 7
Zedidiah 5

level 21-40
Planky 33

level 41-59
Hezron 1

Level 60
Reiver 8
Avesther 6
Melko 3
Ravanclaw 2

What a shame...the time this came out was right after I dropped skinning.

I could have donated over 10,000 thick leather!!! T_T

Please be advised the list has changed from the one posted at the top of this thread. They are no longer collecting Copper bars and Roast Raptor.

Also I would like to say that most of the items received from the turn ins are being disenchanted to be used by the guild at a guild enchant night planned for the future.

Last edited:
Current standings for Thursday:

level 0-20

Gygax 24
Ulfbrict 7
Zedidiah 6

level 21-40

Planky 33

level 41-59

CindyLou 12
Hezron 6
Gnimish 1