Anyone know anything about this movie?

Snowflake

Came across this movie on YouTube. Never heard of it.

The Last Days-Mark Of The Beast

Portuguese movie, dubbed in English.

Actually has a Second Coming and (apparently) and a visit to the pit 1000 years later.

I have not watched the whole movie. Just skipped to a couple places to try and figure it out.

Anyone have any idea of this?

Last edited:
I don't know anything about it personally, and a quick search didn't turn up any strong opinions about it one way or another (although a title using just common phrases like that doesn't make searching easy).

According to the literal text of the Bible, the beast and his mark don't come into the world till after Christians are taken out of it (Matt 29-31, Rev 6:12-7:17, Rev 13), so I don't pay close attention to things along that theme. But I have seen other Christians who are very concerned about having to live through that scenario, so I don't know if there's some other accepted interpretations that they're following or they're just pulling verses out of context and not getting the chronology right.

According to the literal text of the Bible, the beast and his mark don't come into the world till after Christians are taken out of it

But I have seen other Christians who are very concerned about having to live through that scenario, so I don't know if there's some other accepted interpretations that they're following or they're just pulling verses out of context and not getting the chronology right.

A pre-trib rapture is a popular interpretation in the West, but it is actually a minority view in the world.

I would disagree with your view that a "literal text of the Bible" points to a pre-trib rapture. I think quite the opposite. A literal view points away from that.

But I don't want to derail the thread. :)

Yeah, a search on the movie brought nothing up on it.

A pre-trib rapture is a popular interpretation in the West, but it is actually a minority view in the world.

I would disagree with your view that a "literal text of the Bible" points to a pre-trib rapture. I think quite the opposite. A literal view points away from that.

But I don't want to derail the thread. :)

Yeah, a search on the movie brought nothing up on it.

Well, literal according to the King James version. Sorry, I should have noted that's what I was going by. I can understand non-western texts might be different, but I'm not familiar enough with them to know what those differences are.

I actually identify more with Eastern Orthodox theology than Catholic or Protestant, mostly for the doctrine of Theosis, so I'm open to considering non-western ideas. But unfortunately I'm also autistic and find my language-processing skills unable to easily switch to other Bible versions, so I've been kind of stuck with an awkward position of combining eastern framework with western text. But it's the way God speaks to me, perhaps making some allowance for my disability, so I work with it as best I can.

Not meaning to derail either. Just letting you know if you want to explain your view further or put up a link, I wouldn't mind hearing where you're coming from. Whether I would agree or not, I still find it helpful to understand what others think is important and why.

Back