An Open Response to the Administrators on Reading Private Threads

Genesis1315

Ladies
In response to Tek's post on the forums Administrator reading private threads, in all honesty, it is really none of your business what is posted in private thread of any affiliate or in private CGA sections. Those forums were set up as private for a specific reason and to discuss matters that are not intended for general access and that includes the Administration of CGA. If an affiliate wanted its business publicized in such a manner than the post would be made in an area that was accessible to all. Likewise, if I wanted threads in Lydia's read by others then they would not be posted in Lydia's. And I feel with reasonable certainty that if I posted something in Lydia's venting about this topic, that it would be read by those outside of Lydia's.

Quite frankly, I find the thread which has now been locked quite disturbing and demonstrates a complete lack of trust in affiliates or private sections (like Lydia's). I feel I have no other option other than to not post in any section that is private because I cannot be assured that my posts are going to be kept there in confidence.

I am posting this in public as the original thread was posted in General Discussion and a believe that the Administrator of CGA are accountable to the users. This is not a comment about one specific person but against what appears to be a policy of CGA.

Gen

Last edited:
In response to Tek's post on the forums Administrator reading private threads, in all honesty, it is really none of your business what is posted in private thread of any affiliate or in private CGA sections. Those forums were set up as private for a specific reason and to discuss matters that are not intended for general access and that includes the Administration of CGA. If an affiliate wanted its business publicized in such a manner than the post would be made in an area that was accessible to all. Likewise, if I wanted threads in Lydia's read by others then they would not be posted in Lydia's. And I feel with reasonable certainty that if I posted something in Lydia's venting about this topic, that it would be read by those outside of Lydia's.
My post was intended solely to inform users of private forums that thread titles are viewable by our 3 Administrators. This is especially relevant for Lydia's and the Men's Forums (if our next Forums Administrator is a woman) as these two sets of forums are most likely to include sensitive information.
Currently, there are only 3 users with Administrator accounts. All 3 users understand they are not to enter private forums outside their jurisdiction without prior permission except in case of emergency.

For example, I frequently check the Tribe of Judah Staff Forum because it relates to my position as Tribe of Judah President. But I stay out of The Forgiven's Officers Only forum unless invited.
Again, I and the others administrators do not read private forums outside of my involvement except by permission or in case of emergency. When we appoint our next Forums Administrator, he or she will be expected to follow the same policy.

I think I also just found out that private discussions were posted in another forum???? Is this true? Please tell me I have been misinformed

I think the point is just not to put anything personal in a thread title since the titles (just the titles) can be seen without trying. They're just there (like where it says Last Post). This is my experience with other forums where I had more access.

Edit: when I started typing this, the previous 2 posts weren't there yet. So that's why it sounds random now.

Last edited:
Also, not just defending my husband because he's my husband. But I know 100% for a fact that he hasn't been in any forums where he is uninvited. Lydias or otherwise. That's kind of insulting. To all the admin.

I think I also just found out that private discussions were posted in another forum???? Is this true? Please tell me I have been misinformed
I am unaware of any messages intended for private communication being quoted on private or public forums, but, as stated in my previous posts, I do not read forums outside my involvement without permission or unless there's an emergency.

There may be cases where non-personal PMs (e.g. a request for a forum change being posted to the CGA Staff Forum, a chapter report being posted to the Tribe of Judah Staff Forum) are quoted in private or public forums, but I can't recall even cases such as that off hand.

If someone were to publicly post (whether in a public or private forum) the contents of a message intended for private communication without prior consent or dire need (e.g. a threat of physical harm sent by PM would likely be posted in the CGA Staff Forum), it would not only be incredibly bad manner, but also grounds for disciplinary measures.

If you are aware of such cases in private forums you frequent, please use the "Report a post" feature so that CGA moderators can investigate the issue.

But I know 100% for a fact that he hasn't been in any forums where he is uninvited. Lydias or otherwise.
And Litsafalda would probably reach through the monitor and smack me if she caught me browsing Lydia's (and rightly so). :D So there's that, too.

Maybe I misread something, but the original post looks like a general information type of thing. I read it as Tek just mentioning that it was possible, not that it actually happens.

I like seeing this kind of information - it helps me if I want to post in the Men's forum to know that I need to watch my titles... just in case. I'm still not afraid to say whatever it was I have to say.

I thought all of this was common knowledge...

I knew Tek could theoretically go wherever he pleases on the forums and it is not surprising to me that administrators can do the same.

I think it was just a warning to not put information that may harm other members in titles. Members have a choice to read or not read the contents of a thread, but the title will always pop up in front of them.

Perhaps it was simply bad timing.

Maybe I misread something, but the original post looks like a general information type of thing. I read it as Tek just mentioning that it was possible, not that it actually happens.
Exactly.

I like seeing this kind of information - it helps me if I want to post in the Men's forum to know that I need to watch my titles... just in case. I'm still not afraid to say whatever it was I have to say.
And it may not be an issue if our next Forums Administrator is a man, but it's still a good habit to be in. And the possibility remains that our next Forums Admin will be a woman.

It was brought to my attention that it may help ease minds if the community knew who had Administrator level access.

The only other 2 users who have Administrator-level access are Elihu and blackgravity.

Elihu is my best friend of almost 20 years and a man of outstanding character. He has Administrator level access because his position as Tribe of Judah Staff Manager requires it. He is a tremendous help to Tribe of Judah and to me personally; he handles forum add, change, and remove requests. When a new Tribe of Judah chapter goes live, he creates a chapter for it. When a new ToJ staff member is appointed, he makes the relevant changes to that user's profile. I will personally vouch for him.

blackgravity has been serving as Forums User Administrator and helping process new forums user applications for a few months now. I don't recall when Hescominsoon gave blackgravity Administrator rights, but I trust blackgravity with high-level access and will vouch for him as well.

The next person who will receive Administrator-level access will be our next Forums Administrator. I will be reviewing candidates for the Forums Admin position this week and will make an announcement when he or she is appointed to the position.

blackgravity has admin at your request because he had to have them to do the user registration processing duties has was tasked with.

blackgravity has admin at your request because he had to have them to do the user registration processing duties has was tasked with.
Correct. He helps process new user registrations.

It does and has happened.
That's a very serious accusation. As stated earlier, I know of no such instances and I trust the people that have Administrator-level access to not abuse that access. If you have proof of the accusation, please send it to me and blackgravity. (I include blackgravity to hold myself accountable as well.)

And how exactly would we go about reporting a TOS violation from an Admin to an Admin
The "Report a post" feature works on all posts, regardless of user level. Reported posts are brought to the attention of all moderators of the forum where the offending post was made as well as to Administrators. Yes, an Administrator will be aware that a post he or she made was reported, but he or she would not be the only one alerted.

I think you two are taking this far too seriously.

#1 It's the internet. The forum, even a private one, is by no means secure from intrusion, intentional or accidental. While I understand certain information is confidential, the posting user must understand there is only so much security to the forums.

#2 The lead moderators need/must have access to all forums on their site. There are only three with that kind of access on CGA, and to blatantly accuse them of monitoring forums not intended for their eyes when there is no violation or emergency present seems ignorant to me (clearly, if there is evidence the moderators have done such an act then the matter changes. However, the claim seems unsubstantiated).

#3 Posting this thread only after the fact that Tek7 posted the moderators' note is late. If there was an issue before, it needed to have been brought up at that time.

Last edited:
Bowser, I'll tell you what. Let a woman read the threads in the Men's forum and provide comment back to them, especially if they are your posts.....or even have the possibility of that happening and then feel free to comment.

(Not saying that has happened, but with Tek's need to post what he did, shows..... You know what.... never mind. If I continue with this, I will end up with a ToS violation)

I will say that my claims are not unsubstantiated, but since this seems to be news to other people on this thread, I can only draw a conclusion that this policy is in response to one group and not CGA as a whole, in which case, the matter should have been addressed with that group. It still doesn't change the fact that I do not trust the Administration of CGA to act fairly, or in a Biblical manner in such matters given the posts and actions.

And yes, these accusations are very serious

Regards

Last edited:
And, taking this one step further, again since this seems to be against only one group, please feel free to PM me since it really appears to be a private matter

Back