The other one just make you sleep
Talk about it
But I really think you oughtta
Take a leap off of the ship
Before you calim to walk on water
Faith without works
Is like a song you can't sing
It's about as useless as a screen door on a submarine

We've been getting a lot of snow in the D.C. area (about 18in here) and particularly when they plow the snow down our street, about 3 feet pile up behind cars-I live in a townhouse complex. So, earlier today as I was listening to music, I looked out the window and noticed a woman was having trouble digging out her car, so I figured, "man, this is the perfect opportunity to help someone." I go outside and offer to help her, and she refuses me kindly. I go back inside disappointed. But, God gave me another opportunity. I was walking the dog at about 7:45, and this Spanish gentlemen starts motioning like a shovel, and points at his car. "Tienes una pala?" he says. "No, no tengo" I reply. So I walked the dog back home, and I shut the door. I stand there staring at the picture just inside of our door, and I then say "Mom, I'm going out to help a gentlemen who doesn't have a shovel." She says "Absolutely, go do that," and my dad comes along and helps. We dig out the 3ft of snow from the back of his car, boogers running down my nose and all (it's pretty cold out there), all the while I have a huge smile on my face. Of course, I was hoping the gentlemen wouldn't come outside, and he'd come out in the morning to find the snow from his car dugout, but he came out and helped us, which was cool. When we finish, he replies "muchos gracias," and I walk away on top of the world.

Man, it feels great to have some works to show for my alleged faith, and I urge you all to have some works to show for your alleged faith. There are numerous opportunities throughout the week where we can do this, and I'm glad that God used this bad weather as an opportunity to do this.
-zip

I lived in Whittier CA, although you may or may not know where that is. It's roughly 25 miles SouthEast of LosAngeles.

San Diego is a nice area, the climate is perfect.

I grew up/lived in So. Cal. for 30+ years. We moved away a few years ago to a rainier area. Believe it or not, my wife and I truly do enjoy the rain.

Thats kewl izip. We live in southwestern lower Michigan and we get alot of lake effect snow. (Lake effect snow definition: Cool air blows easterly over lake michigan, and picks up moisture which cools and falls over land) 3 Decembers ago we got 82 inches of snow, so I know how you feel. We moved into this house this past June, and every time my husband snow blows the driveway, he does the single ladies drive across the street. She was amazed that someone would do that for her, and now she brings our family cookies every so often. If ya get a chance, go out at night and listen. I love that sound in the winter when theres that much snow.

Izip! That is a GREAT story. Wow! I admit, I had not read your article the first time through, but I noticed the So.Cal. references.

That's cool you were listening to music and it motivated you to follow through. God is amazing. Thanks for sharing your personal story.

smile.gif

isn't that face cool?
tounge.gif

Back