Alizak Returns!!!

Alizak

Sleestack
Hey man, I am doing alright, finished up one semester of college, then decided it is time to go military for a little while. Joining the Air National Guard to do Aircraft Structural Maintenance. I will hopefully be shipping out to do my Basic Military Training in August for 8.5 weeks and after that 14 weeks of Tech school. Right now i am just waiting on all my paper work to go through since i have to do so many security checks. But it is all good so around this time next year i will be back in Louisiana starting to help protect the country in the 159th Fighter Wing.

Also thanks to link for Blog, going to start reading up on what you have experienced so far.

Lol yep, actually my Tech school is suppose to be in Pensacola, so if it is i get lucky, right after basic (bootcamp) i get to go to the beach. XD

alizak, if you get sent to pcola, give me a call.. I live in pace.. all of about 10 mins from pcola...

I even work with the golf cars on based occasionally.. (not often). If you like fishing we an try to kill some sea life... and if you need a church I've got a good one..

Lemme know..

I sure will have to give you a call. It will be a few weeks though after i get to Tech school that i will be able to do things because i will be Phased into wearing my dress blues everywhere and can't leave the base. But sometime after i get there i saw that the Blue Angles will be flying at Pensacola and my friend who has a private pilots licence is going to try to fly in with a few of our friends.

Hehe, i will get a sense of superiority though. I am going to be an E-3 when i am doing with basic training. Going to be Airman First Class (A1C). It is nice joining the Air National Guard, get a step up on regular enlisted in Air Force. =P

Well i am enlisted now, Swore in on Friday in the morning. Did my first drill which was fun and we had the f22 raptors flying with us over the weekend which made things a little more fun.

Aircraft Structural Maintenance (2A7X3)

Still waiting for a call of them telling me when i get to leave. =/ I can't wait to go to Basic Military Training. Hopefully next drill weekend i can get some dates when i get my military id and all.

Basic is now 8.5 weeks. Was extended by 2 weeks starting begining in Fall of 2008. So now i get 2 weeks of warrior week, more medical treatment education, learn how to operate more weapons, and more chemical warfare training.

Also, yes i can't wait, it is already known to me that basic will just be a mind game for me, i have been starting to train with my friend who just went through basic and tech school so that the physical demand from basic will not be as tough for me. Hitting the weights almost every day (which almost every day has ended in muscle failure lately lol) and i am starting to get to running because i know that is my weakest point i am not a running person and i need to get to be able to run 3 miles every day.

lol, i wish it was that easy, just finished running a mile and feel like i am about to die, but as long as i keep running it all the way without stopping i should be getting up to 3 shortly, since i can run 1 mile without stopping now i got to go map out 1.5 miles and then once i can run that fully go to 2 and so on.

lol

when you run, take two short breathes and exhale deeply (later on, say after a mile or so, you could exhale twice). I usually time it on my left foot. Also, focus on endurance rather than on speed, so go for longer distances, even if you have to slow down.

Don't eat or drink anything, except water, half an hour before you run.

your training should be good. honestly, i really enjoyed it. Let me know which squadron you get assigned to, and who your sergeants are. Know your chain of command before you go in, and the airman's creed, and the airman's song.

LOL, trust me i have been learning that already. I am going to be assigned to the 159th FW. It is Air National Guard, but we train with Air Force because we can volunteer to go overseas to help the air force out because from what we have been hearing the air force needs more people overseas compared to what they have.

Also, thanks for the tips, i was reading up on that yesterday to get more help on my running and that is pretty much what i have been starting to do, aim for longer distances and definately haven't been drinking anything but gatorade or water before i run. Definately not eating, i think my problem has been that i have been breathing too hard because today when i ran did the mile easier then i have ever after reading that you should slow the breathing down alot.

SMSGT Gaspard is my shop supervisor and MSGT Buchler is the other head in my shop since Gaspard is preparing for retirement soon.

Now i just need to get a job so i can pay for some suppliments for when i work out lol. Need my Monster Milk and maybe Creatine (haven't decided if i am going to do creatine or not yet).

Back