Ain't No Mountain High Enough

Marcylene

http://www.peakware.com/peaks.html?pk=213

http://www.everettwa.org/visitor/default.asp?sectionid=5
As I read this devotion this morning it caused me to stop and meditate on mountains. Sometimes the very happenings in my life seem to be as monumental as Everest itself! I am thankful that every mountain has its peak, purpose, and more importantly Proprietor! As my heart longs for Everett, Washington, close to Seattle, to live there and behold the almost Heavenly beauty of the Pacific Northwest, as I ponder the mountains it will take to get there, the seemingly insurmountable mountains in my life at the moment...then consider our final home will be the city of God sitting 272.5 times the height of Mount Everest, or 15,000 miles high...I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills from whence cometh my help...my heart longs to see every mountain and storm as an exciting adventure at the hands of the One Who Loves me and that I can safely trust with every detail of my life...the One Who sees my future...the One Who molds me and makes me in His image, as my greatest hearts desire! I want that mountain!
www.icr.org
Seven Mountains
November 13, 2005
"His foundation is in the holy mountains" (Psalm 87:1).
It is fascinating to study God's selection of several key mountains to mark key events in human history. Mount Ararat was the first great mountain of Scripture where God's Ark of safety would rest (Genesis 8:4). Then, when the first nations failed and God had to form a new nation, it was on Mount Moriah that Abraham passed the great test with his son, Isaac, and became "the father of all them that believe," testifying that "in the mount of the Lord it shall be seen" (Romans 4:11; Genesis 22:14). When the time came for God's law to be revealed, "the Lord came down upon mount Sinai," and gave Moses "upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God" (Exodus 19:20; 31:18).
"Beautiful for situation, the joy of the whole earth, is mount Zion," where the holy city was built and where Christ will reign in the great age to come. For God has promised concerning Christ: "Yet have I set my King upon my holy hill of Zion" (Psalm 48:2; 2:6).
Insignificant in size, but preeminent in importance, is the small hill outside Jerusalem that has come to be called Mount Calvary. There a "stone was cut out of the mountain" which "became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth" (Daniel 2:45,35) when Christ died there and conquered death. He arose from the grave and then ascended into heaven from the Mount of Olives, to which one day He shall "so come in like manner as ye have seen Him go into heaven" (Acts 1:11).
Finally, in the new earth, "every mountain and hill shall be made low" (Isaiah 40:4), and the only mountain will be "a great and high mountain," the beautiful city of God, towering "twelve thousand furlongs" (Revelation 21:10,16) over the fruitful plains of the eternally new earth below. HMM

http://my.homewithgod.com/heavenlymidis2/mountain.html

I Want That Mountain
Words and music by Bill Harvey
Joshua 14:12
"Now therefore give me this mountain,
whereof the Lord spake in that day;"

I saw the Giant of Prayerlessness upon the mountain high;
He laughed so hard at my unbended knee.
No longer in the Wilderness I'll stay, and so I cry:
I want that mountain, it belongs to me!

Chorus
I want that mountain! I want that mountain!
Where the milk and honey flow,
where the grapes of Eshcol grow,
I want that mountain! I want that mountain!
The mountain that my Lord has given me.

There was a Giant of Laziness who said I wouldn't go
And witness for the One who set me free.
I'll come from out the Wilderness, I'll witness now I know;
One faithless Giant upon the crest of Hebron's lofty height
Has vowed that he's the one to make me flee.
I'll climb from out the Wilderness! and trust Jehovah's might!

Let ev'ry Giant of Distress and Unbelief and Sin
Get ready now to vacate, for you see:
I've come from out the Wilderness! I know I'm going to win!

Thank you and you are very welcome. As I see other brother and sisters in Christ go through storms I am in hopes to offer words of comfort to another. These have been so much on my heart as of late as the ferocious adversity of stormy trials attempt to beat against my very Spirit, overtaking it and drowning it out if God would allow. It is the following message that God gave me that started me thinking on the mountains to begin with. She says in the following that we can be afraid or wait with breathless expectation on how God will reveal Himself to us. I want to learn the latter, and only trust.

Certainties and Uncertainties

"And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not." Isaiah 58:11

I don't like uncertainty. I'd rather live my life with some degree of predictability. I'd like to know my future. After all, I have dreams and I think it would be helpful to understand whether or not they will be realized.

Uncertainty can make me feel powerless but that's only because I fail to embrace the certainties that are offered. Of what can I be sure today? God. His love for me. His pure character qualities. The precepts of scripture that outline His life-giving ways. My heart and mind can be so firmly rooted in these that I experience peace when everything around me is shifting.

Yes, friends fail, marriages disintegrate, children die, and events give us an unexpected outcome. But consider this, faith says that I can be secure in uncertainty. When the winds of change howl at my door and I feel like my entire world is about to splinter with irreparable damage, there's an anchor for my soul.

You and I do not know what today will be like. We can either cringe in fear or be breathless with expectation over how God will reveal Himself to us. Whatever comes, He will be there to experience it with us. Like the stillness found in deep waters, God can keep the depth of our heart quiet while the storm rages above.

Let's not give into fear. We're firmly in His grip. He, whom we trust in life and death, is unchanging. God never sleeps and He is the Lord of the deep.

Christine Wyrtzen
Founder: Daughters of Promise
www.daughtersofpromise.org

In God's patience He brings yet another message to me as I question if my complete trust in Him is adequate. I am Comforted feeling that the Spirit is telling me that God is there, look to Him, not the waves of the storm or the impossibility of walking on the water, while He awaits my step of faith and trust, with outstretched arms.

This taken from Streams in the Desert by Mrs. Charles Cowman

I know him, that he will command his children. Genesis 18:19

God wants people that He can depend upon. He could say of Abraham, "I know him, that he will command his children...that he Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken." God can be depended upon; He wants us to be just as decided, as reliable, as stable. This is just what faith means.

God is looking for men on whom He can put the weight of all His love and power in Faithful promises. God's engines are strong enough to draw any weight we attach to them. Unfortunately the cable which we fasten to the engine is often too weak to hold the weight of our prayer; therefore God is drilling us, disciplining us to a stability and certainty in the life of faith. Let us learn our lessons and stand fast. A.B. Simpson

God knows that you can stand that trial; He would not give it to you if you could not. It is His trust in you that explains the trials of life, however bitter they may be. God knows oour strength, and He measures it to the last inch; and a trial was never given to any man that was greater than that man's strength, through God, to bear it.

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. I Corinthians 10:13

Back