Ain't got no church of christ

Ultima Avatar

I have some problems with the Church of Christ...
If I am learned correctly, they say that I can lose my salvation by sin....doesn't that kinda negate the whole "Jesus came to earth to die for our sins" thing, you know, that big part of Christian doctrine?
Also, they think that baptism is requisite of salvation...Help! Where is this found in the Bible?
And it is said that I must be baptized by a CAmpbellite preacher...what if I'm baptized by a Baptist preacher and die? Do I burn?
PLease. Help. Somebody. Will post for God.

that's plain wrong.  You get baptized out of obedience not for salvation.  You will go to hell for not getting baptized, only for not knowing Christ.  As far as losing your salavatio, God knows your heart, he know if you truly want to have a relationship with him.  If you truly do, would you leave?  God will never forsake you.

There are two Church of Christs....one of them is more of a cult than a church. The other one is just another denomination. My grandparents attend the second one. The only thing I don't like about there church is that they don't beleive you should worship with instruments. The one that is considered a cult, is notorious for preying on college students. I'm not sure which one you are talking about though. I've had several issues with my grandparents on similar stuff to what you mentioned though. Hopefully, they don't believe that. I'll have to ask my grandmother.

Cory

And the doctrine is not so much that you can lose your salvation but rather you can throw your salvation away.

To deny it, to become luke warm if you will...

True....but a true Church of Christ keeps to the doctrines of Campbell, an aberrant Presbyterian minister, and mainly more to his son Alexander.
We had a discussion in class today....my school is built on the campus of a church for the Church of Christ. So I have a lot of Church of Christers around me...very dangerous at times, but these kids are cool. I like them all. It's just that they more or less believe in God, but it's just that their church's beliefs are cultic in a way. It's not right, but I don't think the kids or the adults see it that way...their church as well is not as firm in CAmpbell teaching as other Church of Christs. They have a youth band with electric guitars, bass, and drums.
My problem is the fact that we have a church calling itself THE Church of Christ, and if you don't belong to it, you aren't saved. These people have a tendency to prey on college campuses...very scary. They pervert the Word, and also cause many to turn away from God completely. That's my probs with them, but I need some actual info on the Church of Christ from people.

Back