Acronyms

ppar3566

Ok next fun creative writing game and my personal fav. Acronyms!! (read in game show voice for full effect).

Ok so basically acronyms is liked entwined haiku but with acrostic poems. The initial poster (me) will write an acrostic. The next poster will take the last word and use that as the basis for the next and so on. When posting please post the word that will be the basis for you poem in bold. Example;

Post 1:

You

Yellow
Old
Ulysses

Post 2:
Ulysses

Unicorns,
Lammasu
Young
Seraphims'
Sing
Exultant
Sonnets

So the next poem will be based on the word Sonnets. The game is most fun when the poem speaks to the word, responds to the previous post, or builds on the previous post. This does not have to be the case thought and just having fun with it is the key. This is for everyone from the talented creative writers like Abba San to the likes of me. So please do not be worried, just join in and stretch you creative writing skill.

Sweetly
Suggesting
weather
entirely
egregious
timely
little
yummies

You guys are far to good for me. Lits that first one on sonnets was something special.

Lame

Languishing
Amid
Model
Elementalists

GOODNESS you would have to make a very LONG word and a hard one at that.

Elementalists

Even
Love
Eludes
Men
Ending
Nighttime
Tales
Among
Lovely
Illusions
Staring
Toward
Stars

Blessings and Hugs, "Angel"

Stars

Smart
Terrestrial
Animals
Recognize
Suns

EDIT: Sorry for the previously long word. At least it didn't have any Xs in it; There is only so many ways you can make x-ray fit ;)

Last edited:
I so need to be doing something.

Suns

Saints
Unbelievably
Nurturing
Sinners

Another LONG ONE......goodnesssss....have to get you back for THAT one.

Salvation

Salvation
Aspires
Love
Verses
Abilities
To
Immediate
Ongoing
Neverendingness

um too tough for my brain cells ATM will try to come back to it at lunch but others are more than welcome to have a crack at neverendingness.

Neverendingness

Not
Every
Vendetta
Ends
Respectably
Enriching
Nobody's
Denial
Illustrating
No
Good
Nobody
Ever
Settles
Sophistry.

Last edited:
hm I have been called a chicken for not attempting this. Well folks here goes. Note that I take no responsibility for the dribble I am about to write.

Neverendingness

Now
Endanger
Verging-on (*cough*)
Extinction
Rhinos
Engage
New
Doctors
In
Norway
Gambling
Nearly
Everything-on (*cough*)
Stemcells
Science

See I even did creative spelling by making two words mysteriously into one.

Got beaten to the bunch. Ok then.

Sophistry

Socrates
or
Plato
Hates
Individual
Sophists
Tautological
Rhetorical
Yells

Com on the above is pretty good hey. ;)

Last edited:
LOL I think my kid Ody did a better job. HUGS So which word for us to choose????? I'll have to think about it.

I really have to get some work done so I will be back at lunch to play. Carry on without me though.

Big thanks to everyone for getting involved, flexing your creative mussels and for being far more able and creative than I.

Oh and yes....Ody's was better than mine (you dont mind me calling you Ody right ;) ).

not at all

:D

Servants

Servants
Excellently
Revere
Veteran
Adherents
Not
Troublesome
Scalawags

Back