A word of caution about trading...

joshofstl

Tonight one of our guild members was "scammed" by someone. The scammer had agreed to a price on a Rune of Superior Vigor, then asked a question, and while the guild member was answering the question apparently set the price at 50g (as opposed to the 50k agreed upon). The guild member did not pick up on the change and thus made the transaction at a fraction of its market value. Some of the other guild members currently online tried - nicely - to persuade the scammer to reconsider, but as you might expect it was to no avail.

Fortunately for our guild member, this is a Christian guild and that member knows others will be more than happy to help him recoup his losses. Even so, everyone should remember to look carefully look over the details of their transactions with others, given that there are people out there looking to pull tricks like this...

yeah. always look at the exact specifications, because sometimes people might put up an item,then change it at the last minute for something that looks exactly the same.

The aforementioned guild member was me. Even with 2 lvl20s I am just as easily scammed as anyone else. This guy was good, he knew what he was doing. He asked questions while the trade window went up so I looked down at the text. His questions made it seem like He was trusting me not vice versa. Ultimately it was all my fault, however, because I hit the submit button when there was only 50g up and not 50k.

That was quite a loss for me. But I will survive. The Lord gives and the Lord takes away right? Well, I doubt the Lord had much to do with a Sup Vigor drop, but the idea is the same. I can't let it ruin my attitude or spoil my joy.

Please learn from my mistake. ALWAYS double check the trade window before submitting. And if it does happen, remember that it is only virtual items lost and like Josh mentioned, you will always have the support of the Guild behind you if you need help.

Back