85 Shadow Priest stuff

ben777jil

In the form of Adam... I'm making a list of things I know and sites I've read.

http://www.shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=30029&start=15 site for what is a better stat.

I'm reading it as Int > SP > Haste > Crit = Mastery > Spirit

This is all after you are hit capped... and as long as you aren't in a Dot "plateau" sooo after 10% haste next is 18.75% haste...

Let me know if you know something I don't.

Rotation for Cata or after lvl 80 because of mastery is:

SWP, VT, DP if no orbs MFx2, if orbs MB, MF as filler... after boss is below 35% SWD x2 instead of MB.

Again let me know!

Since there is no more DoT clipping, I don't believe you need to worry about haste plateaus any more. As long as you re-apply the DoT before it runs out, it will simply extend the current debuff on the mob - no ticks are lost.

Maybe you guys can correct me, but I thought that there really was not a hit cap anymore. I read a blue post someplace explaining it, but dont remember well. Also for what it is worth, here is part of the output from Simulationcraft for a shadow priest (Valkridie in particular).

Relative stat values are:

valkridie Int=2.2937 Spi=0.7127 SP=1.7697 Hit=0.7283 Crit=0.7396 Haste=1.1494 Mastery=0.6289

Priorities are as follows:

flask,type=draconic_mind/food,type=seafood_magnifique_feast/fortitude/inner_fire
shadow_form/vampiric_embrace/snapshot_stats/volcanic_potion,if=!in_combat
volcanic_potion,if=buff.bloodlust.react|target.time_to_die<=40
mind_blast,if=buff.shadow_orb.stack>=1&buff.empowered_shadow.remains<=gcd+0.5
shadow_word_pain,if=(!ticking|dot.shadow_word_pain.remains<gcd+0.5)&miss_react
devouring_plague,if=(!ticking|dot.devouring_plague.remains<gcd+0.5)&miss_react
stop_moving,health_percentage<=25,if=cooldown.shadow_word_death.remains>=0.2|dot.vampiric_touch.remains<cast_time+0.5
vampiric_touch,if=(!ticking|dot.vampiric_touch.remains<cast_time+0.5)&miss_react
start_moving,health_percentage<=25,if=cooldown.shadow_word_death.remains<=0.1
dark_archangel,if=buff.dark_evangelism.stack>=5&dot.vampiric_touch.remains>5&dot.devouring_plague.remains>5
shadow_word_death,health_percentage<=25/shadow_fiend
mind_blast,if=buff.shadow_orb.stack>=1/mind_flay/dispersion,moving=1
devouring_plague,moving=1,if=mana_pct>10/shadow_word_death,moving=1/dispersion

ok, this whole math thing seems weird to me... I don't get the priorities are as followed part... I mean I get the numbers. I just don't get the rest.

I am not much on computer code being an electronics engineer (not software), but here is what I get out of it with 1 being the highest priority. Also not sure of some of the stuff since my priest is not 85 yet.

1) Flask - draconic_mind
2) Food - seafood_magnifique_feast
3) Keep Fortitude active
4) Keep inner_fire active
5) Keep shadow_form active
6) Keep vampiric_embrace active

7) mind_blast if shadow orb stack is greater than or equal to 1 and the time of empowered shadow is less than the global cooldown plus half a second
8) keep shadow word pain up
9) keep devouring_plague up
10) keep vampiric_touch up
11) dark_archangel if dark_evangelism.stack is greater or equal to 5
12) shadow_word_death bosses health is less than 25%
13) shadow_fiend
14) mind_blast,if=buff.shadow_orb.stack is greater than or equal to 1
15) mind_flay
16) if moving use dispersion, shadow word death and devouring plague as appropriate
17) dispersion

I like Simulationcraft. It has really been useful. I do have a couple of general questions though.

1.) According to the simulationcraft plots (hit vs dps) it shows that there no longer is a hit cap and that the dps increase is pretty linear with the increase in hit (at least at my lowly level 82). Any comments?

2.) The other thing that surprised me is that Spirit is still in the mix. I thought spirit was going to be for healers only. Any comments?

well, the hit cap I found really easy to get to, which might be why they say not to worry about it.

I use Spirit over hit because of the Shadow talent which takes 100% of spirit to +hit. So if you have 40 + to hit, and 40 Spirit, they are both giving you 40 + to hit. The Spirit allows me to regen out of combat making me stop to drink less. But this I only use if I need to gem for hit, which I'm told you don't need to. but I still do on 1 piece of gear

I'm told that you "need" to be capped for raid bosses, but since I have not seen a raid boss, and the hit level from 87's - 88's is about 3% it's a lot of wasted hit for heroics. That being said, You really shouldn't have to worry about hit for heroics or reg instances ever. Which might be why Simulationcraft is saying you don't. On the site I linked above, they do say for raiding you should have to be hit capped so you don't miss a GC.

I hope that answers your questions.

right, but the way the Meta gems are right now... you don't have a choice... so until blizz fixes it, I have to stay away from Int, or so I thought, I'll read your article and then see what I should do.

Back