4.0.1 Dps increase ?

JohnD

Is anyone else seeing substantial dps increases. My warlock, Golias, went from about 6500 dps to 8500 dps on the stormwind practice dummy. Dps in heroics is also substantially increased. I have not had a chance yet to see how he does in a raid.

Is anyone else seeing substantial dps increases. My warlock, Golias, went from about 6500 dps to 8500 dps on the stormwind practice dummy. Dps in heroics is also substantially increased. I have not had a chance yet to see how he does in a raid.

Yes, and its insane!

It has to be in preparation for Cataclysm - that is the only justification I could come up with. I don't have empirical data as proof but from what I've heard as common opinion it seems warlocks received the largest boost with mages right behind them. I know I have had a massive bump in dps on Jethiel.

Blizzard's been saying that the classes are being balanced around Level 85 and not 80. With that being said, some of the class "imbalances" that are being seen at 80 are being addressed with careful (using Blizzard's term here, sorry if it makes you laugh) attention being paid to changes at 80 imbalancing play at 85.

TL;DR version: Yes, some classes hit harder than before but don't worry! The nerf bat will be swung after loads of people hit 85 and you'll have the same lack of DPS at 85 as you used to remember at 80. :)

What I have seen:

Locks (still not afflict, but the other two), Fury Wars, Mages of all sorts, Rogues - Definite damage increase

Hunters (at least BM, havent given the other two specs a decent try yet), Shadow priest - seem to do less damage, or maybe I have to figure out how to play better

Ret pally - about the same dps (poor, at least on my part).

No idea about shammy's. I know Boomkins went way up at first, but I think they were hit hard by the nerfbat. No idea on feral dps, as it was always high.

Last edited:
Moonkins were high up there because they had Insect Swarm (a DoT) doing twice to five times the damage as our DD spells. I haven't raided yet on either the Moonkin or the Shadow Priest (heck, I've only done one heroic, and that was on my DK) but my non-group damage appears to be slightly higher on both.

I don't know about other classes, but blizz is nerfing warlock by 12% (in patch 4.0.3a) I think.

Back