3rd times a charm for DDO

Bro.T

Hey all,

I let everyone know what a great game DDO is! If you have not tried it or, you have tried it but not very extensively, I highly recommend you give it a go.

I am basing this recommendation on the fact that it took me a couple of tried to really get hooked. I was in the original beta and thought it was OK but didn't feel it was worth switching my current monthly subscription. I played it again in the F2P beta and, again, thought it was OK but that it was too "party" oriented for someone who was just going to be an F2P player.

Then, I had a couple old friends who asked me to join them one night a week to play it. Neither of them is what you would call a serious MMO'er since neither of them is likely to have a paid subscription for more than a few months.

Interestingly enough, just after this, some of our own folks started posting about playing DDO so I jumped in with them as well. With a more extensive look into this game I liked it so much that I have upgraded my account to a paid account. This game is unlike any other MMO that I know of and that difference has really been a breath of fresh air!

Now, we have a in-game TOJ guild (I am the guild leader simply due to the fact that I am the only one of just a few who have paid accounts) with around 12 or so member plus a bunch of alts.

So, take my advice. Give it a shot (or another shot). Don't try it just solo. When you get into a group things really get good. The quests starting at around level 6 are very good and thats about the time you start getting some very good gear.

You can get other info here:
http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35288

Hope to see ya!

Last edited:
i betad for it and wasnt impressed but i might try if they have a link to a trial

I'm not getting much time in-game, but I'm enjoying the game myself as well.

I'm much more casual playing in DDO, and for me that makes it quite a bit different than most MMOs I play, where I usually play to achieve some goal. I definitely enjoy it.

Just was wondering if anyone was still playing DDO? I've been playing it for most of the past 5 years (with breaks for WoW, SWG, GW, Rift, MXO, DCUO ect....) and have multiple capped toons that I'd be willing to move to another server if anyone else plays on a regular basis. My home server is Thelanis but have toons on every server (although the majority of the toons are just place holders for names).

Just was wondering if anyone was still playing DDO? I've been playing it for most of the past 5 years (with breaks for WoW, SWG, GW, Rift, MXO, DCUO ect....) and have multiple capped toons that I'd be willing to move to another server if anyone else plays on a regular basis. My home server is Thelanis but have toons on every server (although the majority of the toons are just place holders for names).

Welcome to the CGA!

Back