ZG Run Info (7/14)

Angus_Og

Lag, lag and more lag is all i can say. Snake boss went down easy enough, one death. Primal Hakkari Armsplint went to Robear, runed Bloodstained Hauberk went to Jungleman.

We got another Blood Scythe and it went to Jellylorum.

Had one wipe on going to the bat boss, mainly due to lag and 2 pats. We took her down to about 25% and lag came back and wiped us. We had to run out and reset her. Our second try went very differently. We only lost 2 and she went down. Zenoir got Primal Hakkari Shawl and Grymorgan got the Peacekeeper Boots.

We mad it to the Spider boss and with 2 tanks short and one hunter gone we got her down to half health before we called it quits on the second try. The 2 tanks we had for her one was his first time through and the other was a feral druid.

I would like to thank everyone that came out and thanks for the great run.
Next week we will attempt the snake one last time before we move on if all goes well, the bat and spider.

Also the people that attended were: Alustruek, AngusOg, Bebhlinn, Brianmz, Catariain, Daeder, Deltara, Dentere, Erron, Grymorgan, Herekitykity, Ironwolfe, Jellylorum, Jungleman, Mistnazgul, Robear, Stsuki, Seregon, Wend, Xar and Zenior.

Hopefully we can fill in a few more Prot Warriors, we had one last night.

Last edited:
Well led run...thanks Mike :)

Interesting comment made by someone at the end...I think he mentioned that it was impressive how welcoming we were :D

and that several people also chimed in quickly, repeating the same :)

The one thing that was interesting to me... was the whole bloodvine thing. when we did our guild-only run, we had it collected and put into a bank for guildie use...

last night we said that we wanted to roll for them, and one person replied that he'd never seen it done that way. Is it unfair to give everyone an opportunity on Soldorite and Bloodvine? There's an entire set of cloth bloodvine garb, 1 leather head, 1 cloth head... I would really like to have the rest of the cloth set (already have the boots)... but I can't make it myself (I'm not a tailor)... so is it inappropriate to ask that person to share if we're making it so they're getting all the herbs?

Yeah, I saw what he said but I don't agree with him. It would be like saying only the skinner who has the finker knife and can skin the beast gets the hide of the beast. It should be like bijous and everyone who wants them rolls for them at the end of the raid or the mining stuff which what did we do with that?

I didn't see any herbs picked, and the only thorium vein that was mined... i was too far away, so i don't know if soldarite dropped or not.

[7F]Hawk said:
Yeah, I saw what he said but I don't agree with him. It would be like saying only the skinner who has the finker knife and can skin the beast gets the hide of the beast. It should be like bijous and everyone who wants them rolls for them at the end of the raid or the mining stuff which what did we do with that?

Not to get off topic or anything, but what is the Finker Knife? I did a thottbot search and came up with nothing. I'm asking because Reasonable is a 300 skinner, but I've not heard of this.

edit: Nevermind. Did a little more research on thottbot and found this. http://thottbot.com/?i=13374 I honestly never knew about this item. Looks like when I get my mage up to lvl 60, I'll have to remember this piece. My question is, do skinners get priority over a non-skinner for this item even if it is an upgrade at the time for say a rogue? Considering this is the only way to skin the beast.

Last edited:
Finkle's Skinner is literally a skinning knife. The only time I have seen it go to a non-skinner was when there was no skinner in the raid.

Xar, the one who stated they had never seen it done that way, was the one that was suppose to pick the herbs. I guess since he wouldn't keep all or most of them he decided not to pick them. But for whatever his reason was he did not pick any.

The be nice /roll system does not play well with those specialized mats. How can you say all go to the guild bank and still "be nice"? I thought the roll at the end was the best way to do it so everyone had the opportunity to get something they needed. Next time will be the same way but the picker/miner will automatically get one plus a roll. Something for their hard work. Also from now on if someone is picked to gather herbs/mine and they don't they will be bared from any of the runs I lead. It is not acceptable to make everyone pay because you do not like the rules. Just state that you don't wish to do it at the beginning of the run and everything will be ok.

Yeah I plan to be back in action this friday. So that ought to double the number of prot warriors. :D

Back