Your Visual Arts Work

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
Hi all,

I love the idea of this forum. I thought it might be a good idea to share some of our work with each other, and perhaps provide some insight into how or why the work was done, and a bit of background.

I'm very, very much looking forward to who the artists out there in the community are and also a sampling of some of your projects.

I'll start us off.

I'm an enthusiast photographer, and I love the visual arts. I started photography way back as an 8 year old when my mom bought me a cheap flash camera. That's when I started seeing the science of photography. Both of my parents were artists when I was young and were amazing sketchers. In high school I took photojournalism. When I graduated I got real big into video editing, and started learning about visual styles, story-telling through images and video, and just different camera/camcorder techniques to create a certain mood or feeling. As a young 20 year old I wanted very much to get into Video Editing, Cinematography, and Directing. I was a shy kid though, so the best I could do is go out with a few (one) friends and make some fairly poor quality music videos (with matching horrible music).

The photography aspect in me somewhat randomly re-emerged just recently. I mostly do landscape-style photography, but I love to dabble and experiment with every type. I aim to provide compelling images that tell a simple story, or just as a means to share something that I enjoy and hope others can enjoy too (like travel or the beauty of God's creation that we don't always get to see). My editing style is fairly minimalist, but I also like to provide captivating and authentically colorful images. Composition and subject matter are always the two biggest factors when I shoot, and then of course color, sharpness, and story are close behind.

Here are four of a few of my absolute favorite images:

Embrace the Cold Night Sky by LifeArchived, on Flickr

Climbers by LifeArchived, on Flickr

Seagull by LifeArchived, on Flickr

Hikers by LifeArchived, on Flickr

I also started a Youtube series that discusses Photography with an artistic and technical emphasis. If you'd like to follow me or visit my blog please PM me and I'll share those.

Last edited:
You have a keen eye for photography, Bowser. I probably should comment when you post your images, but often don't. Perhaps I'm just jealous. . .

I'm an amateur 3D graphics artist who dreams about actually being a decent 2D artist. My hero is Bob Ross and I like long walks on the beach.

I use Blender and GIMP for my 3D work. Both are open-source and free to use for both personal and commercial purposes. When I occasionally get the urge to attempt 2D I tend to use a more traditional medium of pencil and paper, but will sometimes use my Bamboo Tablet and MyPaint.

Several of my more favorite works:

Mark V Diving Helmet

Colt Peacemaker

Marshall Frosty

The Shadow of Death

And the current work-in progress:

Nautilus

My blog link is the image in my signature. Feel free to browse around. It isn't updated very often as it has to wait for inspiration to strike me.

Thanks. That was for a competition with the theme "Saying Goodbye". I didn't come close to winning, but you should see some of the amazing entries people put in.

In retrospect, I probably should have had the foot coming down heel first. The way it is positioned now looks a little awkward.

I actually like it this way, because if it was the other way, the foot could land anywhere. But this way, it's deadly for the creature.

Patriot, the greatest thing I like about all of these is your variety of style and subject. I love that you're not focusing on one thing, and that you've delved into many things that all have wonderfully different textures, colors, and shapes. Kudos, man!

Patriot, the greatest thing I like about all of these is your variety of style and subject. I love that you're not focusing on one thing, and that you've delved into many things that all have wonderfully different textures, colors, and shapes. Kudos, man!
Colors and shapes? Don't try to make me sound like I am doing this on purpose. I just model whatever happens to be of interest to me at a given time. But thanks for the compliment anyway.

Back