You know what really drives me up a wall?

Plankeye

When Christians have debates over if applying biblical teachings is appropriate as it may offend or turn off members. Well, that is exactly what is happening because of the grumblings of a few members. Suddenly doing what is right, following God's word, being a good example and witness is passe here? I don't think so.

I don't think I need to point fingers at those around here who skirt the rules on the server with admins absent or present. And don't even get me started on those calling themselves Christians yet complaining when admins expect them to act like Christians.

I would like to remind every member of ToJ the charter that they agreed to. Agreeing to that charter is a very public profession of your faith in Jesus Christ as your lord and saviour. Not to mention the agreement of actions and attitudes of being a member. Every new member gets prominantly displayed on our homepage along with being shown on our roster. What an honor it is to play and be friends with so many other openly professing Christians who are not scaired to profess their faith in a gaming community that is so secular.

So it gets me pretty riled up about some of the happenings here of late. First off, I'll be the first to tell anyone here I screw up. But you better believe I try to do everything possable to make those screwups as infrequent as possable. I have been chewed out by several admins and council members for my actions. Case in point is my dealings with Vanaze. As soon as I was convicted of my sin and realized I was at fault, I owned up to it like a man and confessed my sins along with apologizing for my actions. Some of our members need a real education in owning up to their actions and attitudes here and on the servers.

Here is a little spiritual tip for some of you out there. When an admin or leader reprimands or punishes you for doing something wrong, you need to let go of the ego for a minute and take a hard look at why you are in that situation. Calling the admins natzis, talking about the leaders behind their backs and continue in sin is not going to get you a closer relationship with Christ. Instead, prayerfully consider your actions and what you are doing to your relationship with your fellow members and your relationship with Christ. You will find out that acting out on your hurt feelings gets you no where with either of those relationships.

I agree wholeheartedly. We don't get much of this in the UT chapter, but one time I visited the CS server and people weren't being very friendly.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Some of our members need a real education in owning up to their actions and attitudes here and on the servers.

Make a test/tests for ToJ'ers, if they fail the test, the admins can decide...

Or

Before people become ToJ'ers, give them a test/tests to see if they qualify...

You know what makes me mad.
Is when a toj of course never showing his name but saying hes toj then calling everyone noobs calling team noobs because there not the top 5 then blaming me for starting the argument.
mad.gif
uhh Im going to go play ns were people dont fight with me.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheJfreak @ Dec. 03 2004,11:55)]Is when a toj of course never showing his name but saying hes toj then calling everyone noobs calling team noobs because there not the top 5 then blaming me for starting the argument.
mad.gif

Funny, someone posted a message for all ToJ'ers to have ToJ tags only, heh.

For ALL ToJ Members:

1.) You are the 'Salt' of this server. You are the 'City upon the Hill'. Act like it on this server, and while you have the ToJ tag on. You agreed to the charter when signing up with ToJ.

Does that mean ToJ'ers with no tags are breaking the rule?
rock.gif

Ref: tags. We cant monoitor everyone by IP or steamID.. that would be ridiculous.. People can come in under any name they want and behave how they want (obviously they will be slapped as per rules if they break them)... But if they wear the ToJ tag then they are expected to behave differently. The standard is higher.. Bottom line is... if you dont think you can handle the standard, dont wear the tag.

Ref: discussion. Unfortunately we have a very wide range of "christian" worldviews here. It has been a point raised just this week pertaining to methods of admin. We may have those who are very liberal, very conservative... perhaps even those who consider being born in america enough to call themselves a christian...
As membership admin i have to make a call on whether to accept them on maybe 1-2 lines of text. I am of the line that everyone should be given a chance. If they claim to be christian then they get approved. Its not for me to question their beliefs... That means its the duty of the community to pick out the herrings in here. If someone is not up to the standard...let me know or let another council member know and we will drop the hammer on them.. The charter exeists for us to follow.. to the letter.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheJfreak @ Dec. 04 2004,12:55)]You know what makes me mad.
Is when a toj of course never showing his name but saying hes toj then calling everyone noobs calling team noobs because there not the top 5 then blaming me for starting the argument.
mad.gif
uhh Im going to go play ns were people dont fight with me.
I don't think that guy was toj freak. And even if u didn't start it, u got to just ignore these guys sometimes. They just want to push your butttons to see what u'll do.

offtopic: stop with the double kills. Remember shot, one kill. Not one shot, two kills.
smile.gif

Back