Xbox

• Thread starter funnybutserious
  • Start date
F

funnybutserious

Hey was thiking about getting an xbox and KOTOR and i was wondering..... Is it worth it? Please Respond :)

Xbox is a mini PC and has good controllers thegamecube is only $99 but no star wars tough call. Xbox is cool though

xbox is by far the better system hardware wise, so id recommend it over the gc, wch i do have, and its gfx and sound is not all that good, and for $179, 80 bucks more, u get a system that u can get pc like performance out of, and geting that can save u a few gigs on ur pc by not having to install the 4 gigs of KOTOR, the 1.5 of halo, the 2.5 of XIII, nor the however many DX2 is, and u get almost the same gfx quality on the xbox as u do on the pc, so it would be worth it, in my opinion at least.

but is also depends on how much you like to be able to customize your controlls and stuff when playing a game. Personally i will get a GC over a Xbox because most of the games out for Xbox will come out for the PC and i like the mouse/keyboard combo for most games, also you can use joysticks and other cool controllers for a PC where as on a console you are limited to the controller.

Actually, GC does have Star Wars, just not KOTOR. If you have a PC, get a GC, because KOTOR is coming out for the PC, and probably with some improvements. The Xbox controller is like a canned ham, and it does not fell any good at all. If you buy a Gamecube now, you can Zelda compliation: a disc that contains Zelda 1(released on the NES), Zelda 2(released on the SNES), Majora's Mask(released on the N64), Ocarina of Time(released on the N64), and a demo of The Wind Waker. Gamecube also has the Resident Evil series exclusively for the system, and has a rerelease of Metal Gear Solid for the PS1. As said above, most Xbox games are goin to be released on the PC. Plus, Microsoft bought out Rare, which used to be a Nintendo-exclusive publisher. Nintendo also has the next Final Fantasy game, and it has one of the best adventure games ever, Metroid Prime. Nintendo has some great games, yet so does Microsoft. Microsoft's games include Halo, Crimson Skies, and special games like Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2X, and Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance. Of course, it really just boils down to what kind of games you like. Do you like great adventures, or do you like good shooters?

HERE is a very funny article about xbox:
Xbox deflects real bullets

Irate Marylander shoots his roommates' console, but the 9mm round fails to penetrate its casing.

When called to investigate a shooting last Friday night, police in Anne Arundel County, Maryland found an unlikely culprit--an Xbox.

The Baltimore Sun reports that 34-year old Robert Preston Kersey had grown enraged by his roommates constantly playing their Xbox at high volume. According to the police report, Kersey emerged from his bedroom at 2 a.m. brandishing an automatic pistol. Rather than shoot his roommates, Kersey took aim at the offending Xbox and fired a single shot at the console. While the bullet's impact disabled the Xbox, its thick plastic casing deflected the 9mm round, which ricocheted away harmlessly.

Other than the Xbox, no injuries resulted from the incident. Kersey was later booked on two counts of reckless endangerment and one count of destruction of property.

By Tor Thorsen, GameSpot [POSTED: 12/02/03 06:29 PM]

Xbox seems the best with the Live and all the great games that came out. I am getting one for myself on Christmas.

I'm a noob to xbox, but it has quickly become my favorite console.  I think it's overall the best value.  It has the most advanced hardware, great multi-player capabilities, built-in hard drive and network adapter, and most importantly, great games!  The list could go on, but I will spare both of our time.  I actually like the new S Controllers.  The big ones were awful, but the Controller S models are great.  I highly recommend it.

Back