X-ray Anti-Cheat

Captain_Tea

There is a new anti-cheat out. I'm not sure how it works just yet. It is from the makers of UTAN for UT2004. It runs in the background while you are playing. You can learn more at www.xraygaming.com

X-ray Anti-Cheat Supported Games

Counter Strike 1.6
Counter Strike Source
Counter Strike Condition Zero
Day of Defeat
Day of Defeat Source
Team Fortress 2
Unreal Tournament 3
Call of Duty 4

You can view people's screenshots here and our admins can check process lists. We can also make it so that your admins can review and check people's screenshots.

I don't think it helps. It makes repeated screenshots of the user that uses the X-ray Anti-Cheat. It only proves the user is not cheating.

But, I'll try it and prove it isn't convincing. I'll go to where there are a lot of aimbots. :rolleyes:

I don't think it helps. It makes repeated screenshots of the user that uses the X-ray Anti-Cheat. It only proves the user is not cheating.

But, I'll try it and prove it isn't convincing. I'll go to where there are a lot of aimbots. :rolleyes:
I think the idea behind X-ray, like Punkbuster and other anti-cheat clients before it, is to prove that the person running the client isn't cheating. It's not intended to catch other cheaters on pub (public) servers.

In most competitive games, players are expected to use some kind of client to prove that they aren't using hacks.

It's not expected on most public servers.

It also monitors processes and im guessing has a blacklist that alerts if anything looks suspicious. I doubt it has a full heuristic system like virus scanners though.

I think the idea behind X-ray, like Punkbuster and other anti-cheat clients before it, is to prove that the person running the client isn't cheating. It's not intended to catch other cheaters on pub (public) servers.

In most competitive games, players are expected to use some kind of client to prove that they aren't using hacks.

It's not expected on most public servers.

The usage for X-ray, I agree with your statement, Tek7.

Off-topic: Will the ToJ servers use X-ray? :p

Well, here are my screenshots.

:D

Off-topic: Will the ToJ servers use X-ray? :p
That's up to our server operators.

In the past, though, forcing players to run anti-cheat clients to join a public server was a quick way to drain the server of players. PunkBuster used to have an option where players only had to run the client if their score was above a certain ratio (in Counter-Strike).

For example: If Player1 has a score of 5-7 (5 kills, 7 deaths), he doesn't need to run PunkBuster. If Player2 has a score of 14-3 (14 kills, 3 deaths), he does need to run PB.

I think your right Tek, the more I think about it. It looks like it is more to prove that the indidvidual isn't cheating, and has nothing to do with the server.

I think your right Tek, the more I think about it. It looks like it is more to prove that the indidvidual isn't cheating, and has nothing to do with the server.
Well, (I think) there's a server-side component as well.

At least, that's the way it was (and still is) with PunkBuster.

Back