WWS Stats - 2-17-09

I've wondered a lot of the time about how recount works. From what I've read online WWS is more accurate than Recount though.. go figure. haha. Recount showed me 1000DPS behind what I did on WWS for the Thaddius fight. Which is a big difference...

i think recount accounts for boss debuffs and such, whereas wws looks at raw damage...that looks about right...ish. mordos was @ 7.2k for thaddius, but even other stuff...like sapph, the numbers don't match up and there's no good reason for that afaik.

The person doing the combat logging must enable their combat log for max range otherwise it only captures events within 40yards.

oooooo... Sandric, how do you set your combat log to record all events like that?

And Aves... there is a Glyph of Mindflay for spriests.. but I use Mind Flay a lot in PVP so I didn't want to lose the 50% speed reduction. The priest glyphs are mostly pretty lame.. :/

Wow the Proudfoot and Mordos guys are AMAZING!

Oh... WWS was actually wrong about you guys on DPS. I accidentally doubled ya'lls numbers with some weird setting on the combatlog. I actually spanked both of you in DPS. Yup... true story.

oooooo... Sandric, how do you set your combat log to record all events like that?

I am at work and heavily firewalled or I would look this stuff up directly. On the WWS Help section there are commands you can put in a macro to extend the range 200 yards. There is a combat log addon that automagically extends the combat log. There is also an issue with one of the major Boss Mods that will reset your combat log range to the default 40 yards for performance so it is not monitoring extra events that you have to watch out for.

And Aves... there is a Glyph of Mindflay for spriests.. but I use Mind Flay a lot in PVP so I didn't want to lose the 50% speed reduction. The priest glyphs are mostly pretty lame.. :/

I would think that Glyph of Shadow, Glyph of Shadow Word: Pain and Glyph of Shadow Word: Death would be more appropriate in a PVE raid setting for a shadow priest.

And for Holy:

Glyph of Flash heal, Glyph of Renew, Glyph of Spirit of Redemption, Glyph of Prayer of Healing, Glyph of Circle of Healing are all still better then Power word: Sheild.

At this point in time SW: D is a waste of a GCD. Mindflay is a bigger DPS gain since it can crit now, and the reason I was using SW: D last night was because I was testing out a new rotation to see if it would make a DPS difference. The shield glyph doesn't do much for me in raids, but it's nice in those PVP instances when I use it, especially since no other glyph really adds to my DPS :/

I can't wait till the dual specs come out honestly. I'll change some things about my spec for sure. At this point I am a hybrid shadow priest. Part PVE part PVP. I've just never been able to allow myself to be totally defenseless in PVP lol. I'll change up and have 2 shadow specs when we get dual specs.. one for raids and one for general tomfoolery haha.

Last edited:
Back