WoW Guild!

[7F]LarryBoy

Booyah! Since I'm on the Right Coast and therefore get to work first, I'm going to make an announcement, at least privately.

Last night many of us managed to get on the Terenas server at approximately the same time and formed an Alliance guild called The Forgiven.

We also drew up a tabard design: A white cross reminicent of the old crusader's cross on a black background, with a white patterned border. Because he's so awesome, Adam fronted the 10 gold to make the design. I checked out the design on Michael's character - VERY cool.

Anyway, I expect Adam to post something more or less official today, and fill us in with the details.

nicely done!

my guess is that WoW is the main reason now for the shift away from CS - right, or wrong?

For me yes. I of course can't speak for the others. I think that CS was getting a bit stale for me, and WoW is a nice change.

First, here is the
tabard on my character. As for official or unofficial announcements, I am not sure where this fits but I am a single game type guy. I only have time for one game and it is currently WoW. I only speak for myself in this but CS and CS:Source just doesn't do it for me anymore. We have struggled for many months to get ppl playing on CS 1.6 even with the dedication of Pilgrim and Ehud, we just can't seem to fill this instance nor maintain players. This goes even further with respect to CS:Source. Does this mean we toast CS16 or CSS, no not at all. I think as long as we have the resources and the ppl who are willing to play, we keep it up. WoW doesn't require any servers from us, it does require 15 bucks a month (plus the initial 60) to play. I know this is not in any way a slam dunk for everyone to just dish this out monthly. For me, I had to give up something else I was doing to make this happen for myself, it was a sacrifice. Not everyone is playing WoW, I can think of 5 within our group. If that group would continue to support CS16 and CSS, I believe we can eventually see the population on our server grow.

Congrats on getting the guild guys. I am slowly but su... well, slowly, working up Dagar on Terenas. I am sure all of you with kids are quite aware that to dedicate time to one character let alone 2 is a challange. So I get to him in spurts
smile.gif

I wanted to follow up to my previous entry here, I have posted a somewhat official announcement off our main site. I am not sure how much we will do to fit WoW into the mix as we are really just a group of friends but I have already started receiving inquiries from people on how they can join our guild. For now we are treating them the same as if they were playing CS. Have spent time with them, can recommend them and have them send their testimonies to Piet. We are actively working thru one right now, details will follow. I know Peter, Joe, Dad, Bill and Terry are not playing WoW at this point and I do not wish for anyone to feel left out so I am open to suggestions as to how we can fit WoW into the mix or if we do at all. Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

$0.02

I think the big reason why I got into WoW so seriously was that here again was a game that I could play with friends, and I knew that most of the time someone from our guild would be on too. In the last year it has been a real CHORE to get ppl i know to come and play CS. It really turned me off. I hate having to go find ppl to play on the server with me.

I do agree with Hawk: In no way to we want to force other members into the game.

Suggestions: I don't know if I really have one right now. I still do not really relish the idea of booting up CS.

I have very much enjoyed playing WoW, because it is *finally* a way in which I can be online with some of my long-time CS buddies. What a fantastic feeling that is, I've missed it greatly. Not only that, but the feeling of *community*and commraderie is quite literal in WoW. It also far more unpredictable, yet paced to your individual play style. I'm lovin' it huge.

I don't want anyone to feel left out either. Without the ability for High Speed for the last 2+ years, I have been out of the online CS game activity, which has been difficult, but beyond my control. However, in my case, I have been able to maintain a level of involvement in other ways though, to the best of my ability, and it has still given me a sense of belonging. I must say though, I feel connected again. Too cool.
smile.gif

I believe that this is what we are striving for - belonging. Great points enigma, and I completely love the fact that you guys are hooking up like this. The community of Trib is the reason that I'm still playing CS...so, yeah, it's been a definate chore trying to play on the server and wait for ppl to join when I'm the only one on.

Past that I have no negatives towards the guys playing WoW now. Keep going guys; cuz it seems like quite the massive game in which you interact with a lot of other players...that's a huge mission field!

Just please understand that I am not choosing to stay away from WoW but just cannot afford it at the moment. By the time I can spend the dough you guys will prolly be in a different game by then. LOL!

I would suggest that you guys freely post here in our forums now as towards your involvement in the game - i know i would feel that i'd at least be able to maintain contact in that sense then.

I posted in the general discussion area but thought here might work as well. Im a ToJ member and very interested in possibly getting WoW. Thing is, I really do not care for the PvP one bit. The PvE ToJ group is horde and I wanted the other side. They said you might have a guild on the PvE server. If so and I get the game could I hook up with you good people?

Back