WotLK Raiding

CGamer

Gnome Priest
With WotLK right around the corner what are the plans in regards to the ability to do all the raids on a 10 man and 25man scale.

Prior to TBC I raided w/ Redeemed in MC, Ony, AQ etc..but for whatever reason the 25mans kill my connection so no raid time for me :( in TBC.

However with the advent of 10 mans for all raids I want to start raiding again with Redeemed if you guys plan on doing the 10 man versions.

I know all the raiding requirements etc...which I've always met and exceeded even in when Redeemed first started Kara, and I was passed up for raids then.

My real question is should/do I need to look else where when WotLK comes out to meet my 10 man needs.

I imagine 25 mans will be a ways away for us for us as you have to complete the 10 man version to get key access to the 25 man version. I see us doing both 10 and 25 frequently.

If we only have 3 teams of 10 mans going, where the team leaders determined the speed of their own team, I'd be more then happy. Right now, the 25 man versions don't interest me.

I would assume we will do something similar to what we did with BC. As folks start nearing 80, assuming about a month from release, we start making raiding requirements. There should be enough theory craft to get a good idea of the requirements by class a month after release. We will make a gilga doc of 80s and break them down by raid role (tank/dps/healer). The number of teams will really be dependent on number of 80s, proper mix of raid roles and additional gear requirements. Just like in BC, there might be some time required to upgrade questing greens to dungeon blues from 5 mans to meet raid requirements.

I haven't seen specifics but I am assuming a similar raid format in 10 man WotLK raids where you take 2 tanks, 3 healers and 5 dps. We may also make a progression team like in the past so we can get experienced leaders and players then shuffle them in with other teams.

I think it would be safe to assume 2-3 10 man teams by 1st quarter 2009 given the guilds current size and potential growth as old and new guildies try out the new expansion.

Kara today is a joke with 1 minute boss fights and clearing out the entire place in 3-4 hours but there was a time just clearing to Attuneman in under 45 minutes was a struggle and I think one of the first things we need to adjust to with WotLK raiding is it will be a challenge at the beginning. Learning fights and downing bosses will take some time initially so do not to get discouraged right away.

Oh man I remember having to make 2 or 3 attempts to get the trash cleared in time to even attempt attunemen before respawns heh

I imagine 25 mans will be a ways away for us for us as you have to complete the 10 man version to get key access to the 25 man version. I see us doing both 10 and 25 frequently.

Where did you hear this? I don't think there are any attunement requirements for ANY raid in WotLK (10 or 25).

Where did you hear this? I don't think there are any attunement requirements for ANY raid in WotLK (10 or 25).

I think you are right. I think they changed the plans to make the 10 man an attunement.

Back