World Series

astrod00d

HOW 'BOUT THEM HOUSTON ASTROS!!!

I'm sorry. I'm just excited that my team finally made it. Any other 'Stros fans in ToJ? And yes, that is where my name comes from.

Yea, baby. Astros are the only N.L. team I've ever seriously rooted for, which puts 'em at about third behind the Tigers and Indians. Love Bagwell and Biggio and glad to see them get there chance at it, especially since their poor post season play has always been the knock against them being hall of famers.

I was really hoping for a White Sox, Nationals series since May but the Nats were way overperforming in that division.

Now what makes me real unhappy is that I haven't gotten to watch a single play-off game, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to watch the WS at all. :'( I don't have cable right now and Fox simply doesn't come in, though a few minutes ago it was relatively decent. Really don't want to have to go watch it in a sports bar.:(

The American League is in a league of their own in leaving the National League far behind. LOL American League wins again. Hoot Hoot

I liked the D-backs before they did the stupid thing of trading Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling away and blew their awesome team to pieces.

kraniac said:
I liked the D-backs before they did the stupid thing of trading Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling away and blew their awesome team to pieces.

I'm pretty sure their awesome team blew up on them on its own accord. The D-Backs borrowed heavily from Major League Baseball, and could no longer sustain the payroll level they were at during their playoff runs. Trading their two aces to build for a future (that would lessen financial contraints considerably) was the proper move.

Going splashy in the offseason with Troy Glaus and Russ Ortiz? Not so much.

Back