World of Warcraft vs. Everquest 2

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
Alright. Bowser, LoJ, Exodus, and the rest of you MMORPG lovers: use this thread to debate the greatness of World of Warcraft and Everquest 2.

Be warned that if this thread gets heated, I will lock it.

Also keep in mind that there is room enough in Tribe of Judah for both a WoW and an EQ2 chapter.

So, keep it civil and stick to the facts!

lol

if the WoW chapter is already in place, thats fine... no need to re-org and I'll stop recruiting.

tek you serious about the heated thing? I don't think anyone is seriously mad about this discussion... are they?

No need to stop recruiting. There will always be those that choose one over the other. Heck, I couldnt' find a single ToJ'r to play Shadowbane with me, but you'll never know unless you ask!

I think Tek has been adding that tag to a lot of threads lately....no one has gotten heated in the previous EQ2 thread.

Cory

Personally I can only give my oppinion of wow as I have played it and not Everquest 2. I don't see why we can't try to have both a wow and an EQ2 chapter as they will both likely be popular games.

WOW is a hole lot of fun and they seem to be taking there time to complete the game rather then rushing it out the door, (Eight Months of beta and still going). Playing wow right now is more fun then any other MMORPG I have ever played even years after release and patches and expansions.

Now Everquest 2 seems to be a little rushed to me as in the game is gold and the designers are changing how the skill system works. So they will put this huge patch out sometime right before release that implements that new custom skill system and have no one test it and the game is going to be unballanced like EQ was for years. I can still see a lot of potential for EQ2 but not while SOE is involved...

I'm in the same boat as Exo; except the difference is mine is probably underwater.

WoW is the first MMORPG I've ever played, and it hasn't even released yet.

Personally I like the color, style, and feel of WoW - and the screenshots just do not do it one bit of justice - it's just truly a remarkable game and one you have to experience for yourself before you judge.  I'm very sure Everquest is the same way, which is why I can't say anything about it.

Good luck with your recruiting, and hopefully you can set up a staff to help start a chapter.

What is a MMORPG?

j/k

I've never played any MMORPG, so I can't comment on their game play...but I am curious, to no return, about WoW. I've played Warcraft since Orcs and Humans... So, call me a Warcraft nut.

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (exodus @ Oct. 30 2004,3:29)]if the WoW chapter is already in place, thats fine... no need to re-org and I'll stop recruiting.
Ah! Nonono, go ahead and recruit for an EQ2 chapter. Like I said in my earlier post, there's room in ToJ for chapters for both WoW and EQ2.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (exodus @ Oct. 30 2004,3:29)]tek you serious about the heated thing?
Aye, but you guys are pretty well-mannered. Still, given recent activity across the forums in recent weeks, I'm a bit skittish.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] I don't think anyone is seriously mad about this discussion... are they?
Nah. I just want to make sure the debate doesn't get personal. Both games are going to be good. I just wanted to move the debate into this thread so you could get that other EQ2 thread back on-topic. *pokes LoJ*

And, just for the record, if I was to choose one MMORPG to play, right now, it would be World of Warcraft. I played in the alpha and the beta, so I know of what I speak.

Unfortunately, I have no time to play any MMORPGs. If I did, I likely would have never left Dark Age of Camelot. ;_;

ANYWAY, back on topic. Which will be better? WoW or EQ2? Which do you think YOU'LL like better?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gods_Peon @ Oct. 30 2004,11:43)]What is a MMORPG?
I seriously had someone in our chapter ask me that...

I had to get a dictionary, 'cause I didn't know either
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tek7 @ Oct. 31 2004,1:19)]And, just for the record, if I was to choose one MMORPG to play, right now, it would be World of Warcraft. I played in the alpha and the beta, so I know of what I speak.
Basically Tek's last words were, "DING 2!" before he quit playing, so he doesn't count.  
tounge.gif

Actually he said it 8 times, in eight different languages, but still.

Back