where are the "african american" champions?

Mostly_Harmless

Tribe of Judah Unreal Tournament Chapter Co-leader
Ever wonder why there are no black people....? Well I guess you can say jax sounds black, but seriously riot come on now...

A valid question. Let me ask a question in return: Aren't new LoL champions designed by staff in China?

I ask because many Asian countries have very small African American populations. I don't think it's a matter of exclusion, but rather a lack of exposure to a given population. It's the same reason why most African American characters in anime and Japanese-developed video games are blatant stereotypes.

Remember, it could always be worse. Jax could have a chocobo in his fro.

EDIT: There's also likely a concern that people will find offense in any new African American character. Imagine the outcry if Gragas were anything other than a Caucasian male.

I'd like to see more diversity in the LoL champion roster as well. Specifically, I'd like to see more female characters that don't look like they were designed by a 13-year old boy who stole his daddy's Playboy. Seriously. Evelynn is basically a tall smurf dominatrix. And as much as Morgana may melt face, I wish she'd actually put some clothes on.

Last edited:
Danny told me he has a sick fetish and wants riot to make a "fat" girl champion. Fat as in not leona tanky, but like an opera singer fat :p

A valid question. Let me ask a question in return: Aren't new LoL champions designed by staff in China?
No. If my memory is correct, Riot is technically owned by a Chinese company, but they (Riot) are still in complete control of the creative direction of the game, and all (or almost all) champions are designed by the Riot staff in California. I'll try to dig up some Riot posts on the forums that talk about this.

EDIT: The official announcement on Riot's website

Specifically: "Upon closing, Riot Games will retain its independent operations and its existing management team will continue to lead all aspects of the company."

Last edited:
Danny told me he has a sick fetish...

I told you no such thing! I did think it would be funny if they made a fat ugly female character though.

Just played Riven for the first time today, and she was enjoyable and modest both. May have to start saving up some more IP.

Females that I appreciate Riot not going physically overboard on:
Riven, Leona, Karma, Lux, Orianna, Poppy, Annie, Tristana, Vayne, and Anivia

dang. Haters gon hate
More like, "Sensible moderators gonna mod."

EDIT: You have to admit that Kidan brought some style to that edit. How many moderators edit "into oblivion"? We're talking some high level stuff here, man.

Back